Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday's Best 6-14-2011

Good morning, my lovelies! Hope you're all staying happy and healthy - be it cool, or dry, or whatever you're dealing with in your neck of the woods. Just stay safe :-) And enjoy the slash. After all, that's what we're all here for, right? So let's go see what Aradi and Conversed have found for us today, shall we?

~*~*~*~*~*~
 

Summer is here and I need distractions.  You know what I'm talking about... something to stop me from whining about the heat, or perhaps eating my young, or even calling Conversed a two-bit h00r for stealing something I thought I might like to recommend.

Distractions.  Yes.

This will be a little roundabout, because I came to offer something brand-SPANK-ing new, but realized I was going to have problems with carts in front of horses and all that.

It may also be a bit roundabout because margaritas are the best way to beat the heat.

And also because what I came to rec isn't much there yet.

So, in the interest of me ever making sense again, let's back this truck up to a time when I still loved Conversed.

Punk and Perv's Excellent Adventure by Punk-and-Perv (aka TruceOver and Conversed)

This fic I wanted to hate very much.  (Even before Conversed ran over my dog and made me cry)

James and Riley.  Wait, what?

Riley, okay.  I can get behind Riley.  (Or I can get behind boys getting behind Riley)

But James?  Ew.

I read it anyway, because I am helpless and weak and addicted and if TruceOver promises to keep writing things like A Tale of Two Cities, I will follow her anywhere.

And I hatehatehated every delicious word of it, even reading it one or four more times just to make sure.

I know he's awake, the little shit.

His lips are curved into a smile. Barely, but it's there.

That's fine. I can play this game.

He lays still as I move down his body. He's slim, his muscles lean, his abs tight. There's a scar on his side, probably from colliding with the reef.

I don't hesitate – I trace it with my tongue. He tastes like the ocean.

I hold back a laugh as he tries not to move. His breathing speeds up when I hover over his dick. He's hard.

He opens his eyes.

I win.

We all win because THIS is a hyperactive pile of fun and smut, and if I can get over reading fics about Jacob (ew ew ew) then I can learn to cope with a little James, and so can you.

Punk and Perv's Excellent Adventure is a series of 50 paired-POV drabbles from the boys.  It is a dirty, silly, shameless ride that you should go take if you missed it.  The boys are certifiable.  There's spanking and an epic cameo from Chief Swan.  Really, there's something for everyone here.

After you're done (re)reading that story, you should favorite...

Punk and Perv:  The One Where Perv Says Yes

This is the next installment of Punk and Perv, and it will be amazing.  It will be even more amazing if you read the first, obviously.  Currently there are two installments (out of a promised fifteen).  It'll be a tale of how our Punk and our Perv got from events of the first fic to a promised future fic (with promised spanks).

I just like to look at his face when he's asleep. He is so very, very pretty when he doesn't look so cranky.

Sometimes I wonder how we ended up together.

Sometimes I wonder why he told me no the first two times that I asked him out. He was such a fucking idiot.

Who knows what would have happened if I hadn't found Perv that third time. I don't even like to think about it. I'm just happy the third time was the charm, when he finally broke down and told me yes like he should have from the start.

I will be here, twitching for each update and shooing my offspring away from the internet and mom's special pitcher of "juice."

~Aradi

~*~*~*~*~*~

I’m an angst h00r.

This is an angst rec.

Consider yourself warned.

I’ve known MizzHyde for just over a year now. We met on a British Twilight board where we used to fool around with pics of hot boys, and write silly stories on our threads. We shared a developing love of slash and that, right there, is a beautiful thing.


Drenched is MizzHyde’s fourth slash story. Her first, Since, finished recently and I wondered what she would come up with next. I’m a huge fan of drabble storiesmuch more challenging to convey emotion in a few words, I thinkso I was intrigued to hear that she planned a very angsty Jasper/Edward story as her first drabble venture.


In the first few chapters (which update several times a day) Jasper describes how he met Edward. You can almost see his facescrunched, brow wrinkled, lips whiteas he desperately tries to recall moments he only has vague memories of.

“I find it hard to believe that I could have seen him, but not noticed him.

Not been startled by his face.

Not been mesmerized by his voice.

But I just can't.”

Edward’s attraction to Jasper is clear and unequivocal. He doesn’t play games. This is a man who acts as if time is not for wasting. Jasper, on the other hand, skirts the edges of falling into a relationship quickly.


Resistance is futile:

“He was so beautiful.

I noticed more: full pink lips, long delicate fingers tapping lightly on the side of his mug, a rainbow earring, a leather wrist cuff.

Give in, Jasper.


         “I was kind of disappointed not to get a kiss, but I figured I could wait.”

That’s right, baby.


As the story develops, MizzHyde drips in detail. We learn about Jasper’s maturity, his strength in supporting other people, and I kind of love that.  We also learn more about Edward, and I find that hard to read.


You will need Kleenex.


I’m tearing-up as I type.


Drenched is described as a song in 36 verses, and like all good songs, it resonates.


If you have suffered loss, it will resonate with you too.
Conversed

~*~*~*~*~*~

There you have it, folks. Gotta love the frequent updates, and the little bites you get from drabbles. It's like indulging in your favorite decadent dark chocolate. ;-)

Be sure to give these wonderful ladies some love, and check back next week to see what Aradi and I have in store for you. 

In the mean time, why don't you hop on over to the Twilight No Stress Love Fest, pick out a prompt or two and start writing/creating? Remember that if you write, it only has to be 500 words, minimum (though there is no maximum, so if you feel inspired, then by all means go for it). You have until the 30th of June to get your entries in, so plenty of time still.

No comments: