Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday's Best 1-25-2011

Good morning, my lovelies! Hope today finds you well. We're well and truly into the new year now... crazy, isn't it? Anyway, Aradi and The Captain have found some slashy goodness for you to enjoy, so why don't we go see what's in store for us.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Back in the summer, the wonderful In The Closet Contest gave us an amazing collection of slash one-shots, some of which we’ve gushed about here at TwiSlash.  There was one I meant to go back and love on a bit, and I was reminded of my rec-fail a few weeks ago when another update of this continued-and-now-completed story posted.

Blond Ponytail, by the wonderful Savannah-Vee (who writes Uncomfortable), is a highschool Edward & Jasper story.  The first chapter is the original O/S from the contest, but there are now two additional chapters.

Edward is content to be living in the closet, and Jasper is the new kid that seems to be causing trouble all over.  Oh, and only one of them can be the #1 running back.

Emmett and I are standing in Jacob Black's kitchen, sipping on bottles of Bud when Jasper Whitlock shows up.

Late to the party, as usual.

His eyes dart around, like he's looking for someone – and stop when they find me.
I look away.

"I can't stand this guy," Emmett mutters. He raises the bottle to his lips. Lowers it. "Thinks the sun shines out of his fucking ass or something."

Involuntarily, my eyes travel to Whitlock's ass.

He's turned around, making small talk with some other guys from the team, and his ass in his jeans is just…

The 'situation' in my own jeans begins to stir again.

Edward’s “situation” is a delicate one.  He’s not out.  He’s never done anything with a guy.  His gaydar is really, really bad.  Fortunately for both of them, Jasper’s gaydar is just fine, and Jasper is quite assertive.

I really loved this Edward.  He’s not confused about his orientation at all;  he just hasn’t had a chance to do anything about it.  

So he’s adorably eager once given the opportunity.

Try Blond Ponytail for some sudsy-clean, cherry-popping fun.  (Also:  read Uncomfortable if you aren’t already.)    You’ll get to find out whether Edward or Jasper is the best running back.  Oh, and there might be some hot boy-love too.


~*~*~*~*~*~

*blows kisses* Hello my dear slash lovers, Captain Jezebel back again with a new morsel for you to enjoy. Before I continue any further I have to say this one is not exactly the E/J smut of fluff I tend to rec, nor is it extremely angst ridden. I believe it rides the edge of just enough angst to get the seriousness of the story across without scaring those that can’t stand too much heartfail.

Tiffaninichole paints us the picture of a loving, sweet, patient Jasper trying to show a haunted, broken Edward that he is worthy of love in  Unconditional . An entry in the PostSecret Prompt Contest, this story all starts with the prompt:

I want you to want to hang out with me at 1 PM, not 1 AM.

And with that this entire premise was born. Edward lost and mentally battered after escaping the clutches of an abusive relationship doesn’t know how to let anyone in again. He is definitely afraid to love, and feels he is unworthy of anybody’s love in return.

Jasper sees the the pain of Edward’s past as a hurdle in their relationship, but being the understanding, caring man he is; is willing to work on it together, no matter how long Edward needs. He loves Edward, and that is enough for him.

Edward, often calls Jasper late at night and asks to come over and sleep in Jasper’s arms and although Jasper isn’t used to the pace this relationship is moving, he is willing to do things on Edward’s terms for now.

My phone beeps, waking me out of a dreamless sleep. I don't need to look at the now glowing screen to know who it is. Rubbing my eyes, I blindly reach for the phone and grab it off the nightstand.

Can I come over?

I type out a short reply before getting up and trudging to the bathroom to brush my teeth.
There's no point in changing out of my boxers, we'll just end up back in bed anyway. That's where he always wants to go.

We've been seeing each other for a few months and things have been progressing a little slower than what I'm used to. This whole situation is foreign to me and sometimes I wish it were easier. Sometimes I wish I had met him before the bastard who broke him.

But my mama always said that anything you want won't come easy, and I've never wanted anyone or anything more than I want him.

I'd go through the hard shit a hundred times if I got to hear that cute-ass snort when he laughs too hard, or see the way his eyes sparkle when he smiles that wide, goofy smile of his.

I just want to make him happy... and the fact that I can't always do that makes me feel pretty damn helpless most of the time.

Knowing Edward’s issues Jasper often waits til Edward is asleep in his arms to study his beauty and speak his heart. What happens one night, when Edward isn’t quite asleep as Jasper let’s out the feelings he has held back? Will Edward run?  Panic? Will it break them or make them stronger? You’re going to have to read it to get the answers. This was quite the enjoyable, slightly angsty/fluffy read. Please give it a peek, and remember to send your love to the author if you do. xoxo

~*~*~*~*~*~

There you have it, folks. Be sure to leave these wonderful authors some love, and check back next week to see what Stolenxsanity and I have in store for you. 

In the meantime, don't forget about the Twilight No Stress Love Fest. There's plenty of time left to pick a prompt (or two, or three), and write your heart out or even get creative and make some artwork/banners or what have you.  Anything goes, as long as it's about love (won, lost, never had, broken). Come, join in and spread some love!

No comments: