Monday, November 22, 2010

Slash Guest Author Rec - elusiVjacob

Okay, so if you don’t know me (and I’m assuming that you don’t cause I’m really not that interesting) we begin my little romp here at a cute coffee house at let’s say...oh...7am. There’s the hustle and bustle of all the corporate sheep getting their *insert ridiculous Starbucks coffee terms here* and then there are a few college students counting out their pennies before getting in line. There are a few old men playing whatever game they’re playing and sipping on some cold coffee that they’ve had since the joint first opened at five. Wait, there he is, can you see him? That’s me, sitting down with my regular coffee only because I was lazy that morning and didn’t brew a fantastic pot of mine own. Yes, I’ll admit I’ve donned the acceptable “business casual” and am currently trying to rub all of the sleep from my eyes still. For added effect, let’s hack and cough something up just to get a few looks. That way, you can give them a few looks back and scowl in the process. Did you hear that? That was the beautiful start-up sound of a MacBook. What time did I say it was? Oh yes, 7.  Now let’s see, I’ve got about an hour and a half before I have to report to the cubicle farm. Hear those clicks? That’s me browsing to fanfiction because I just can’t seem to get enough. The world as I know it stops as I click on the link that will take me to....

Sketchbook Revelations by PolkaDotMama

PolkaDotMama has to be one of the most passionate authors in the fandom. Her eloquent use of words and her strikingly vivid imagery give this story vigor and unbridled intensity. PolkaDotMama follows the lives of Jasper and Edward as they fall in love and we as the reader try to hang on as the bumpy ride only gets bumpier. Both men are artists and they use their art to communicate their emotions. In this story, the saying is definitely true that a picture is worth a thousand words, if not more in these men’s lives. Nobody said loving was easy and who better to tell you than Jasper and Edward themselves as they try and figure out the fickle emotion. Buckle up, grab some tissues and open all of your senses as PolkaDotMama is sure to give you the ride of your life, true slashtastic style.


No comments: