Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday's Best 11-30-2010

Good morning,  my sweets. Are y'all recovered from your turkey comas? Or are you snuggled up under a blanket, sitting by the fireside with your cup of hot cocoa? No? Well shoot. You need something else to warm yourself with? I think Captain Jezebel and Stolenxsanity have just the ticket for you. Let's check it out, shall we? Just remember to grab fresh panties, and a towel, first ;-)

~*~*~*~*~*~



Hello my lovely slash nuts, lol that sounds quite apt. Anyway...Captain Jezebel back again with another lovely little tale of boy loves boy for you. My choice this week was an entry in  the Many Faces of Jasper Contest hosted by Jasper's Darlins . Voting for the contest has just ended this week and the results should be posted soon, if not up already.


Just the Way You Are by mw138 is the sweetest tale of a Geeksper/Shysper beginning his career as the Director of IT at a major company, and what  happens when he meets the beautiful VP of Corporate Communications; one Edward Cullen.


Jasper, being the geeky, shy man he is, can not see himself being anything that Edward Cullen would be interested in. In fact his self esteem often needs to be pumped up by his loving, supportive best friend Alice. When a chance meeting in Alice’s office leads to an appointment for Jasper to fix Edward’s computer troubles, Jasper discovers he has a bit more in common with the Adonis than he originally thought.

Edward's eyes lit up.


"Are you serious? You go to Comic Con?"


I smiled. "Yeah, I've gone for the past four years. Some buddies of mine from college always go, but for various reasons I'll be flying solo this year."


He started bouncing on the balls of his feet and looked like a kid on Christmas morning waiting to open his first gift.


"I've been wanting to go to Comic Con for the past three years, but I can never make it because of work. I told myself I'm going to make it there even if I have to move heaven and hell to do it."


"Cool," I replied.

Hmmmm *scratches chin* seems to me that Edward may have a bit of a geek in him as well. *coughs*orhewantstohaveageekinhim*coughs* What did I say? *looks around innocently*. Jasper and Edward become fast friends, but Jasper finds himself falling deeper for the beautiful Edward everyday. Sadly he is always afraid to take that step, afraid that someone like Edward could not seriously find anything special in a geek like him.

A budding friendship, a trip to Comic Con together, a shared hotel room with only one King size bed, a run in with an ex boyfriend....hmmmm I wonder what this spells for our favorite couple of Twislash. There is only one way you will find out....read it my lovelies, it’s such a sweet story; you won’t regret it. Plus Edward and Jasper as so freaking adorable, oh and Eric Northman may or may not make an appearance...just saying. Give it a read, and don’t forget to leave the author some love if you do.



~*~*~*~*~*~

Goodness, this week just flew by ... and I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in pumpkin pie over the past few days. That being said, I hope your Thanksgiving holidays - if you celebrate it - were filled with wonderful food and even better company. One out of two isn't so bad, though.

I feel like I should preface this rec by saying that, while I do read slash!fic, I'm really rather picky. So, some of the stories that I'm rec'ing, this one included, I'm just finding - and kicking myself over for the fact that I hadn't found them sooner.

Anyway, I'm here again this week to bring you yet another rec. This time, it comes in the form of the one-shot The One Time Emmett Was Right by the lovely bmango. This story is a nice mix of humor - take a moment to consider the title - and ohmygodthatwasfuckinghot-ness.


We stop at the camp store and get a map to our site before driving around the loop. Our spot is premium, right on the water with a tiny little sandy beach just for us. Emmett maneuvers the SUV into the small space and we all get out to stretch our legs before setting up camp.


"Jesus Christ, this is a nice spot!" Emmett yells, apparently trying to scare away any wildlife or small children in the area. "Who did I have to blow to get this?"


"Me," comes a smooth voice I would recognize almost anywhere.


We all turn to see a tall, shirtless, rugged man with piercing blue eyes, a chiseled jaw,and slightly curly blonde hair strolling into our campsite with his muscular arms full of firewood. His board shorts are low on his hips and his back muscles ripple as he shifts the load in his arms. He is sex on legs.


I am so fucked.


"Jasper!" Emmett yells and rushes the poor guy, who drops the wood on the ground as he's tackled.


Garrett nudges me with his shoulder. "Um, Edward. You might want to close your mouth and wipe off your chin."

Now that you've got a little glimpse into the head of our narrator, Edward, and seen who it is our lead guy will be lusting after, let me attempt to wax poetic about this lovely little gem.

I love a story where the main characters aren't throwing themselves at each other right off the bat. The UST is where it's at for me. If the build up isn't a believable slow burn, it leaves me wanting - no, craving - more. This, and more, was accomplished by bmango's wonderful story telling abilities.


Either I lean or he leans, but we are somehow closer, almost touching. My skin pulses with the heat radiating from his body, and my need to feel his skin with my fingers is nearly overwhelming. Then I stumble over a log on the ground, scrambling to stay upright, and he clears his throat, turning slightly. I can still feel the shaking in my fingers, the pounding in my chest, but the moment seems to be gone. We need to get back before I do something stupid.


"Um, yeah, I found these logs. Already cut and...yeah," I stumble over my words, my inner awkward teenager making an unwelcome appearance.


He looks back towards me, his brow furrowed slightly, and then down at the ground. "Great. This should be plenty for tonight and maybe even tomorrow."


We gather up the wood in silence and tramp back to the campsite, greeted by smirks and knowing winks.


"Well, hello, boys. Find anything good out there?" Emmett asks with a goofy smile on his face.

"Just some firewood, Emmett," Jasper answers, his voice less smooth than I'm used to. I glance quickly at his face, wondering if he's embarrassed or disappointed or angry, but he looks to Seth and then picks up his guitar again, sitting quickly and strumming, effectively ending any conversation.

Cockblocking awkwardness, I shake my fist at you ... or something like that. But, it's cute and it's perfect - at least for this story. Sure, that could have gone an entirely different way - and I'm sure no one would have complained if it had - but the awkward stumbling and fumbling and should I or shouldn't I? is what makes these guys all the more endearing - and real.

And while I could give you a glimpse at the lemony goodness that does eventually come - no pun intended, promise - I'll leave you with this instead:


"Listen Jasper. I know that last night was...well, intense, but I understand." I avoid looking at him and back away slightly, but he grabs my hand, keeping me there.


"Understand what, Edward?" he asks, challenging me, stepping toward me as he continues. "That I want to keep seeing you after this weekend, if you'll have me? That last night was more than 'intense', it was one of the best experiences I've ever had?"


I stand, mouth open, no words of my own forming. But his words keep circling in my brain. Have me. Best experience.


I continue to be frozen in place as he closes the remaining distance between us, grabbing my biceps and pulling me into him. He kisses me soundly as I grab onto his belt loops, returning the fervor of his mouth.

I'm sure you want to know how they stumbled their way from point A to point B, and I don't blame you. For that, though, you'll have to click that little link up top and give this story a read. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.



~*~*~*~*~*~
Mmmm, those really are quite lovely. We hope you'll enjoy them as much as we have. Don't forget to leave these wonderful authors some love, and be sure to check back next week to see what Aradi and I have in store for you. In the mean time, keep safe and warm. 







No comments: