Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday's Best - 2-22-2011

Good morning, my lovelies. I hope you've had a great weekend, and that you survived the Monday drags okay. To help you along your week, the good Captain and Stolenxsanity have found you some slashy goodness. So grab a towel or two, a fresh pair of panties, and let's check it out, shall we?

~*~*~*~*~*~

Love and kisses to all my slashies. Captain Jezebel back again with something a little different, but still so very yummy for you. Now, Naelany can tell you I am a BIG fan of odd pairings as long as it does not include Jasper or Edward with anyone but each other. Yeah I know that makes me a slash snob, but I can’t bear to see those boys with anyone else. However I do make up for it with my love of other crazy pairings, and this one shot is no exception.

Written for SorceressCirce’s birthday blog; BeCullen  really knocked it out of the park with her pairing and tale of boy/man love in  The Copy Boy and the Editor. Cap’n, you ask, what is this odd pairing you keep hinting about? Why it’s Emmet/Charlie of course...feel free to cringe now. Bet you didn’t see that one coming. For those of you threatening to make a run for it, I do beg you to give it a try, it is so worth it. For those on board...let’s plow.

Emmett McCarty was a high school hotshot. Starting quarterback for his state-winning, high school football team, and a college scholarship that was his ticket out of his small town. A small town where he had to hide his sexuality; unfortunately a torn ACL made his scholarship disappear and his future look bleak. That was until he pulled himself together and decided to take a different route in his life.

Moving away from home, taking a job as a copy boy for the Seattle times and planning a future in journalism, Emmett is happier with his life than he thought he could be given its drastic change in so short a time. The one thing missing...that connection with someone. Being on his own has helped him to emerge more confident sexually, but he still doesn’t  have someone to begin a relationship with.

Enter Charlie Swan, the older, masculine, dominant, fit, sexy as fuck, way out of Emmett’s league, and his presumedly straight boss. Yep that’s right; Mr. Swan is the editor in chief, but even with all the reasons not too, Emmett still develops a major crush on Charlie and it isn’t until he hears certain rumors about Mr. Swan that he decides to make his move.

Exhaling a long sigh, he pushed himself away from the glass. Turning away from the windows towards his desk and to where I was standing, his steps faltered. As he realized someone was in the room with him, he stilled. My entrance had gone unnoticed. His eyes grew wide as they locked with mine. His breath came out in a rush as he clinched the phone in his hand. My palms were sweating and my heart was trying to pound out of my chest. We stood there staring at each other for several long minutes.


Feeling my courage waver, I decided that I was going to have to make the first move. Mr. Swan had not even twitched a muscle since he realized I was standing there. Slowly, I ran my tongue across my lips to moisten them as I looked from his eyes down his torso to the front of his slacks. Hesitating there, I could see the outline of his bulging cock as it grew under my gaze. My eyes widened a bit at the sight as my own erection started to rise. These jeans I wore were chosen specifically to showcase my package and I hoped that he would take notice.

Ohhhh please stick with me. This pairing is surprisingly fuckhot. The way the author wrote them is so deliciously yummy, you can’t help but drool as you read. This is NOT your canon type Charlie Swan...noooo way.  I was breathing heavy and licking my lips the entire time. Pretty sure I let out a few whimpers as well, which caused the Cabin Boy to look at me with the “Whatever” face.

I enjoyed this tale so much. It was an incredible idea, a great risk, it took balls, and talent, but was executed perfectly; making Emmett/Charlie a large blip on my slash map. I am smiling all wide and goofy as I type this because I really liked it that much. Please give it a shot and if you do, and enjoy it as much as I did, don’t forget to leave love for the author.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Greetings to all! It’s been a few weeks since I’ve had the opportunity to grace you all with my presence but, fear not, I am here and I come bearing a new rec for every one of you. Never let it be said that I am not a giver because I most certainly am, and I especially love giving when the gift is a little bit of boy-on-boy lovin’ for you all to voraciously consume.

… that came out sounding a lot dirtier than I intended it to, or maybe it’s just the fact that I’m writing this at 4:30 in the morning in between doling out medications to sick children and a sick husband. Whatever the case, it was only meant to sound that dirty if you’re into that sort of thing.

However, I do have a story to share with all you lovely, lovely people. What is that story, you ask? Secrets in Seattle by sapphirescribe, a very nice little one-shot written for the From the Boardroom to the Bedroom contest, and winner of the public poll. So, that said, let’s get to it!

Secrets in Seattle is another Edward/Jasper slash!fic (but of course) that had me at hello - or, well, the first sentence, I guess? Then again, I think it’d be much more accurate to say that it was the eighth paragraph, or thereabouts … but, enough of my babbling, I’ll let the story speak for itself -

I don't meet the VP of our division until the middle of my second week. Rosalie hadn't wanted to interrupt him, but apparently Emmett has no such reservations. When I mention to my brother that I haven't met the boss, he practically drags me to Whitlock's office when we get back from lunch.


I hear him introduce me to Mr. Jasper Whitlock as his little brother and Rose's newest intern, and I somehow manage to raise my arm for an introductory handshake, but I completely tune Emmett out after that. Whitlock is fucking gorgeous.


His dirty blonde hair is longer than normal for professional standards, but it suits him perfectly. His eyes are somewhere between steely gray and sky blue, and I think they might change color depending on the lighting or maybe his moods. His lips are pink and full, and I'm paralyzed when his tongue darts out to moisten them.


I'm vaguely aware that I'm being asked a question, and I hope that some part of my brain is functioning because I feel my mouth moving, but I have no idea what I'm saying. It's a good thing that Emmett's arm is around my shoulders because if it wasn't, I would probably launch myself at Mr. Whitlock to get a taste of those lips.


Somehow Emmett gets us out of Whitlock's office, and I really hope that I haven't ruined all chance of success in this company because of my blatant display of idiocy.

Ahem, where was I now? Right, it had me hello, or something along those lines. At the moment, all I can think is: Can I get one order of Whitlock to go? Please and thank you!

The story spans a time frame of just over two years, and highlights the ups and downs of not only an employee-employer relationship (damn those unspoken rules!) but a nice dose of confusion with a ten-plus year age gap thrown in for good measure (I can’t be the only one thinking of how absolutely devastating Jackson will be in ten years, unless I’m the only one that pictures Jackson and, if that’s the case, carry on …)

I don’t want to give too much away because then what would be the point of you reading the story? But, I will leave you with this for incentive:


"God, I want you." I hear the words but they don't make sense. It doesn't matter though because in the next second his mouth is on mine, and then his tongue is lapping at my lip, and who am I to stop the tongue that I've dreamt about from entering my mouth?


Our hands are everywhere – pushing, pulling, tugging, teasing. I hear a button pop off and hit the floor but I have no idea whose shirt it belongs to, nor do I care. His body is hot and hard against mine, and it's better than the thousands of times I've fantasized about this very thing.


I'm unaware that I'm moving until Whitlock pushes me against and then onto the desk. His hands are undoing my belt and zipper, and then his strong, incredibly-warm hand is wrapped around my cock. My head falls back, and I can't contain the moan that builds from the pit of my stomach and consumes me from the inside out.


"I need to have you," he breathes into my mouth. "Please let me have you."


"God, yes," is all I can say. There is a buzz of activity, and my mind is so far gone that all I hear is swishing cloth, unzipping, the tearing of foil, and then his moist fingers are at my entrance, and thank God, because I think I might die if he doesn't fuck me soon.


Whitlock moves me so that he's holding up one knee with his elbow, and my other leg is wrapped around him, and then he leans forward to plunge his tongue into my mouth as he enters me. I relish the slow, burning stretch as he takes his time, making sure I'm ready. As soon as he feels me relax, he's pounding into me. It's a harsh, relentless rhythm, but it's absolutely fucking perfect.


Our hands move and touch and tease of their own accord. He pinches my nipple as I reach for his ass to pull him farther and harder into me.


All too soon I feel myself coming undone embarrassingly quickly, but I know it has nothing to do with my age and everything to do with just how thoroughly I'm being fucked. I don't want this to be over, but I can't help it, and when he wraps his hand around me and cries, "Come for me, Edward," I'm completely lost, coming for all I'm worth and clenching around him.


As soon as I'm spent, he collapses on top of me, hips barely moving, but I can feel his entire body tense and relax repeatedly as he releases inside of me, and I never want to leave. I don't want to leave this moment, or this desk, or this office.


Too soon he is pulling out and I am suddenly winded as I realize what I've just done.


I've just fucked my boss's boss in his office.


Fuck. I'm so screwed.

While I will readily, and easily, admit to this story being a hot little number - because, let’s face it, that’s a big part of the reason we read slash, am I right? - it is also a nice mix of sweet and angst-light (copyrighting this word right now if it hasn’t been done already). So, give the story a shot and, if you’re disappointed I assure you, though, that won’t be the case.


~*~*~*~*~*~

As you can see, they've done a great job once again at finding some deliciousness for us all. Be sure to check it out, and leave some love for the authors. 

On another note: The Twilight No Stress Love Fest is a great success, with 33 entries! Head on over, and make sure to read every entry. I'm in there somewhere. Can you find me? Polls to put author/artist to fic/banner will open on the 28th, so there's plenty of time for you to go through them all. There's some wonderful stuff there. See you next week, when Aradi and Stolenxsanity have more boy-lovin' to bring you!

1 comment:

BeCullen said...

Thank you so much, Captain Jezebel, for you wonderful review and shout out to my little o/s. I think your review of it actually makes it sound better than it is. lol I realize that it is an unusual pairing and it was very odd for my at first when the idea popped in my head. However, I instantly fell in love with the guys and wanted to do something special and different for SorcercessCirce's birthday blog. I really, really hope she likes it. Thank you again to you and all the TU crew. You made me a very happy girl. :D