Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday's Best 2-1-2011

Good morning, my lovelies. Can you believe it's February already? Where did January go? Before you know it, we'll be welcoming 2012 in at this rate ;-). But let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we? Before we get that far, Stolenxsanity and I have found some goodies we'd like to share today. Let's see what we've got, okay?

~*~*~*~*~*~
Greetings all, and Happy February. It’s looking like this year will be flying by just as fast as last year did, so let me get right to the reason you’re all here in the first place: slash recs!

When choosing this weeks rec I told myself that I needed to be unbiased. Then I thought to myself: what is this if not completely biased opinions of the stories that we like, for one reason or another, and want the entire world - or, at the very least, the entire fandom - to read and love just as much as we do? Which is why this weeks rec comes to courtesy of the ever so talented queenofgrey in the form of her very first slash!fic (there have been others since, all of which have been phenomenal), Action.

It’s no secret that I adore queenofgrey an entirely inappropriate amount. She is an extremely talented author, and an amazing person all-around. I had the privilege of pre-reading/beta’ing this little gem many, many moons ago when she wrote it for the “For the Love of Jasper” one-shot contest. That might mean that I’m definitely not unbiased but I re-read this story recently and thought it deserved a little more attention - again.

If you’ve ever read anything queenofgrey has written, you know that she has a phenomenal way with words. The best way that I can think of to describe it is lyrical … poetic, even. It makes you feel like you’re reading a song, or poetry and it’s quite easy to fall in love with her vernacular. Action was no exception to this rule, at least not as far as I’m concerned.

"Yeah. Sorry. I'm just–" Jasper glanced over his shoulder and shrugged a bit, curled into himself a little more in the way that his shoulders hunched. Edward took the glass from between Jasper's pinched fingers and his attention snapped back into place, back to the man in front of him, the one that seemed normal and made the proper amount of eye contact, plied him with alcohol, didn't seem to be trying to angle an in, and he offered a wayward smile, one of apology for his flighty mind. Honesty dripping on the tip of his tongue, he sighed, "They're staring. That always makes me uneasy, no matter how often it happens."

"You think you'd be used to it," Edward laughed, pouring a fresh drink.

"Why? Because of the fame thing?" Jasper scoffed the words, spit them, and took the drink that Edward set before him, slugging it back as quick as he could before wiping his mouth on his shirt sleeve. He leveled his stare to Edward's and sighed, unraveling at the seams. Quietly, sadly, he confessed, "Yes, I am famous, but it's still nerve-wracking. I'm only human."

"Not 'cause of the fame thing." Edward settled his forearms on the edge of the bar and leaned across the expanse of lacquered wood, his mouth nearing Jasper's ear, fire in his eyes. "Rather, it's because you're pretty." Hot, humid breath tickled Jasper's ear, the side of his neck, and he kind of liked it, wanted to lean into it and paint his body in it. Slowly, he licked his whiskey-coated lips and ever-so-slightly tilted his head in the direction of Edward's mouth, cautious not to tilt too close, give himself away. After all, there were well-crafted appearances to uphold. He was met with a low laugh, one that raked over his ribs and set his skin in a wash of gooseflesh, and he could've sworn that lip met earlobe in a pointed gesture of acceptance. He was reaching, mentally and physically, and he sighed, his earlobe tingling. "And, you know, each of these men, look at them." Jasper didn't need to, as he could sense their hostility, jealousy, as misplaced as it may have been to him, and, honestly, he didn't want to move, so he nodded at Edward, willed him to continue. "Every single one of them wants to be you, thinks that if they can just touch you, breathe the same air, that, maybe, somehow, they'll absorb some of your greatness, feel better about their pathetic lives."

Yes, Edward and Jasper. I’m a sucker for this pairing, really. Without giving too much away, Edward is the deliciously sexy bartender and Jasper the action hero on-screen that’s as clumsy as most Bella’s are written off-screen.

A nice combination if I do say so myself.

So, give it a try and let queenofgrey know your thoughts on this little tale of two of the sexiest men to ever grace our imaginations - and television screens depending on who you picture them as. That said, I leave you with this:

"Yeah, I came up here in search of some action. You know, hiking and shit, but then the whole foot thing happened." Jasper motioned to his bandaged foot that rested atop Edward's shin before them and Edward nodded, laughing lightly. Softly, Jasper kissed his neck and Edward only laughed harder. "Come on, don't laugh at the injured. That's not nice."

"I'm not." Edward's face turned into a serious mask, a faulty one that exposed the smirk he was trying to hide in the upturned corners of his lips. Jasper pressed his mouth to each side and Edward exploded in laughter again. "I'm sorry," he let out shakily, "it's just– Your word choice was fantastic back there."

"What?"

"In search of some action," Edward echoed. "Cheesy and cliché, but, oddly, appropriate. I'd say you found some, after all." They both fell apart in roaring laughter, which tapered off as their mouths connected again. "So, you're staying, huh?" Jasper nodded, his lips brushing Edward's slowly. "Does that mean I can take you out on a proper date?"

Enjoy.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Y’all probably know by now that I absolutely adore Subtlepen, and her unique way of writing. The way she manages to twist and turn things is wonderful, and she always, always leaves me begging for more. And she always delivers, too.

As she has with Major Changes! Edward is so delighted about passing his classes, that he does what most of us would do - he hops on twitter and shares it with his twitter-feed. Now, if you’re like me, you  have a lot of people on your list, and there are likely a few handles on there you don’t recognize. You know them, but you don’t know them...know what I mean? (sorry...couldn’t resist).

Anyway. Most of us on twitter also know that things at times can get a little...shall we say...intense? Spicy? Yeah, I think you get the idea.

Well, our Edward starts a rather raunchy conversation with (at)heavyvetter. He, of course, gets quite aroused, and he’s surprised to find that he’s feeling as much as he is for someone who’s name he doesn’t even know. And not only that, but he doesn’t even know what she looks like.

Wait, did I say ‘she’? Yes, I did. Keep in mind who wrote this ditty ;-).

What happens, and who this (at)heavyvetter turns out to be, you’ll have to go read to find out. Trust me, it’s wonderful. I’ll leave you with a little bit of their conversation. Y’all don’t mind spying a little on their twitter-feed, right? Didn’t think so ;-)

heavyvetter (at)fastfingers: *strips and lays down* I can imagine quite a lot, Fingers. What's your specialty?

Oh, holy shit. I adjusted myself and looked over my shoulder, even though I lived alone.

fastfingers (at)heavyvetter: mmm… i'd start w/ ur feet, an dwork my way slowly up, massaging your calves, tickling teh backs of your knees until you squirm

I continued with another immediate tweet, having used up my 140 characters quickly.

fastfingers (at)heavyvetter: then i'd bite and nibble across your hips, and flutter my long fingers up your sides… ;)

heavyvetter (at)fastfingers: oh, I think I like this. May I reciprocate? Perhaps my lips on your… neck? And another smack on your perfect ass? You like?

fastfingers (at)heavyvetter: yeah, just like that, baby. can you feel my… heart, pounding against you yet? ;) wish you were here now…

What are you waiting for? Go read!

~*~*~*~*~*~
There you have it, folks. Two lovely stories written by two lovely ladies, so be sure to give them some love when you're done reading. Check back next week to see what Captain Jezebel and naelany have in store for you.

In the mean time, don't forget to hop over to the Twilight No Stress Love Fest,  pick up a prompt (or two, or three), and work your magic with words or image. I just know y'all can give a nice slashy twist to some lovin' for the Fest!

1 comment: