Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday's Best 12-13-2011

Good morning, my lovelies! I hope y'all are staying snug, safe, and warm. It's freezing over here. Perfect time to cuddle up under a blanket in front of a fire with a cup of hot cocoa and a good read, wouldn't you say? Let's get right to it, shall we?


~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello, my loves. Today I am so excited to share with you the next installment in the Age Gaps series. Patience is a Virtue by Conversed takes us on a journey through Seth’s life as he pines away for the one guy he’s wanted forever.
<*>
You want him more than you’ve ever wanted anyone.

He doesn’t even know you exist.

It’s happened to everyone at least once. But for Seth, it’s been happening over and over again since the day in high school when Edward’s laugh made his insides feel funny. From that day on, Seth was so drawn to him that he did everything he could to get close to Edward.

I didn't want to leave things to fate, so I worked hard to track him down. I really wanted to see him.

He was on my mind all the fucking time. I told myself that it wasn't just puppy love. This was the real deal, not a crush.

Unfortunately for Seth, Edward never saw him. He never noticed the boy who loved him from afar. He never noticed the boy who found him countless times and hung around just to be close to him, hoping to finally be seen.

What Seth didn’t know was that there was someone who did notice. Someone who paid attention to the boy who did anything to be near Edward. Someone who could see how much the boy cared. Someone who cared enough to give him some much needed advice.

Emmett stood in the doorway for a minute after his brother had gone, giving me a long look while I sighed.

He asked how old I was, and nodded when I said that I was seventeen.

He told me that good things come to those who wait.

I've never been a very patient person.

Patience is a virtue that Seth doesn’t possess. He wants Edward and he’ll continue to do whatever it takes, whenever he can to see him. So, when Emmett tells Seth about needing help in his store, he jumps at the chance. His hope… that Edward will finally notice him.
<*>
It’s a rare talent to be able to tell a great story with so few words and Conversed has definitely mastered this art. Every story in the Age Gaps series is told so well that you can’t help but get drawn in and this newest installment is no different. If you haven’t read these wonderful stories yet, I strongly suggest you catch up before you read Seth’s story. Read Age Gaps , Interns , Lip Reading , and White Water . You’ll be glad you did. Until next time...much love to you - D

~*~*~*~*~*~

Santa Baby, just slip a sable under the tree...”

Y’all know that song, right (one of my all-time-favorite Christmas songs, by the way)? Well, it isn’t a sable - or a ‘54 convertible, light blue - that Jasper asks Santa for when his little sister Alice talks him into sitting on Santa’s lap and tell him what he wants for Christmas.

Oh, no. Jasper is very specific in his wish for Santa, though he doesn’t think for a minute he’ll ever get it.

I wish I could tell you what he asks for, but I don’t think I can without giving too much away. I can, however, show you Santa’s reaction.

Pulling back, I look at Edward's wide-eyed expression. "That's um...a tall order, Mr. Whitlock."

Yes, that’s right. Santa is none other than Edward Cullen. Starting to get an inkling as to what our sweet Jasper wants for Christmas? Run over to Beautiful Figment’s Santa Baby and see whether Jasper’s been a good boy this year.

Merry Christmas, y’all!

~*~*~*~*~*~

There you have it, folks, two great stories for your enjoyment. Be sure to leave these wonderful ladies some love, and check back next week to see what Connie and MizzDee have in store for you then.

Speaking of Christmas, I'm sure by now you've picked up on the fact that The Twilight No Stress Love Fest is back with a holiday edition. Why not hop on over, pick up a prompt or two and go to town? It's the time of year to spread some cheer around so join in on the fun.

No comments: