Monday, December 5, 2011

Guest Rec - Dtav


Hello all!  It’s Denise aka dtav.

When I was asked to do a rec here I will admit I did a little fangirl squee before composing myself enough to say yes! I’m so excited to be talking about some of my favorite stories!  It was hard deciding which ones to concentrate on, as I love so many, but since one of my choices, Sinners Island by TwistedforTwilight, was done already it narrowed it down for me.

Starting off, I’m going to stick with what I know best and that’s slash.  One of my current favorites is The Major’s Pet by OCDJen. Actually, I love all of her stories even though I’m a HEA kind of girl and she is a big lover of angst. Her writing has always touched me deeply, and her stories touch something deep inside each of us, sometimes stirring up emotions we would rather keep hidden.  The Major’s Pet is that kind of story. It is a dark fic as it is human/vamp slash. Edward is Vamp Jasper’s human prisoner.

Edward Cullen is a scared and vulnerable human who is kidnapped and made the pet of a ruthless vampire.  Jasper Whitlock is the Major, a vampire who has never mated, and keeps Edward alive longer than any of his other pets.  He defends Edward fiercely against the other vampires and won’t share him, yet he punishes Edward’s disobedience mercilessly while refusing to admit his feelings for him. It is a story filled with constantly changing emotions and it is touching to see how the relationship between Edward and Jasper develops even though Jasper denies it every step of the way.  Even when Jasper is punishing Edward for his disobedience, his feelings for him shine through.  

In the very beginning of the story, Edward’s mind is fighting against what he realizes is the inevitable, that he’s been kidnapped by a vampire and will probably die without seeing his friends and family ever again.  Even though he’s been warned, he can’t help but question Jasper as to his intentions.

"What..What are you planning to do with me?" I asked, figuring it didn't matter if I pissed him off or not, I was dead anyway.

"I want a pet, and you are it," he smirked and continued. "To fuck and feed."

Later on, we see a side of Jasper that he rarely exposes:

"Your disobedience will only lead to punishment," Jasper moaned out as I continued to attack his neck, inciting groans from Jasper that went straight to my cock. "I'm starting to think you want to be punished, Edward."

"Hmm," I moaned against his jaw, working my way to his lips.

"I doubt you'll be moaning when I punish you," Jasper whispered out.

"I might," my lips captured his, softly.

Pushing my tongue into his mouth, I moaned into the kiss as my warm tongue brushed against his cool sweet tongue. Jasper's hands went into my hair, tugging me closer to him. Breaking apart, I looked down at Jasper, who had his eyes closed with a light smile on his lips.

Happiness swam though me. Being like this with him almost made me forget the way things were between us and the life he was making me live. Jasper's eyes opened slowly, taking in my face with his darkening eyes. His hand reached up and stroked my cheek softly.

"You, my pet, are in trouble," he smiled devilishly at me. "Let's find out just how much you'll enjoy this."

This is a WIP, with a dark Jasper.  Check it out, you won’t be sorry!

The summary is: In a world of violence, where humans are food and pets, can a special pet become the love of a certain Major?



My next story will come as a surprise to those who know me well as it is a het story.  I’m a total slash shipper, but this story grabbed me from the beginning and now I’m hooked. Many of you are probably familiar with this author from her amazing story, Emancipation Proclamation.  This story is the polar opposite to that and what an enjoyable story it is.  Pinky Swear by kharizzmatik is such a well-written story, full of love and laughs. I've not laughed this much from a fic in quite a while, yet at the same time my heart is breaking for both Edward and Bella.

Bella Swan and Edward Cullen were best friends whose friendship turned into a relationship that was wonderful until an unfortunate incident pushes them in a downward spiral causing the relationship to end. Now, Edward is getting married and Bella is back in town for the wedding.  When she realizes that she still loves Edward and wants him back, hilarity, in the form of Jacob Black, ensues.  Bella’s antics while trying to get Edward back made me laugh out loud and Jacob just brings comedic relief to the backdrop of angst.

Here’s an example of Bella’s fire and spirit:

She was marrying my Edward. Barring a miracle I pulled out of my bow-covered ass within the next week, she was going to become Mrs. Edward Cullen. This woman, who had only known him three months, who didn't take any interest in the things he liked, who didn't even celebrate his birthday, was going to take him away from me.

Me, who had been there every step of the way, who knew him inside and out...

Who loved him.

Watching her try on dresses, I broke, the last little threads keeping me grounded in sanity snapping one by one. By the time we walked out the front door of that dress shop, I wasn't the same considerate, hopeful woman I had been walking in. I was jaded. I was angry. I was hurt. I was jealous. I was desperate...

I'd reached the end of my rope.

And her despair:

The black velvet ring box sat on the corner of the desk, taunting me. I tried to avoid looking at it as I scribbled my latest review out on a piece of notebook paper, but my eyes were drawn to it every few minutes.

After a while I picked it up, unable to stand it, and pulled the ring out of the box. Logic washed away as I stared at it, a lifetime of repressed dreams rushing through me. Laying down in bed, I slipped the gold band onto my left ring finger.

The diamond shimmered as the sunlight from the window hit it, and I smiled. I was never one for jewelry, but it looked good on my hand. It felt right, like it belonged there.

I lay there and stared at it as tears flooded my eyes. He loved me, but it didn't matter. It didn't change anything. In a few days, the ring would be on her finger.

This is a WIP and totally worth taking the time to read.  


The summary is: Bella always knew she loved her best friend, but it isn't until she finds out he's engaged that she remembers just how much. How far will she go to make him see he's marrying the wrong woman? A story about finding your heart and losing your head.

No comments: