Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday's Best 5-8-2012

Good morning, my lovelies! Hope you're all having a wonderful day. Are y'all ready for a coffee break? I'm sure you are. MizzDee and I have a couple of stories for you to enjoy while you relax for a while. Why don't we get right to it, shall we? Don't forget to grab a towel and a fresh pair of panties. 


~*~*~*~*~*~


Hello, my loves. I had to bring mkmmsm back again this week. She may be writing under a new name now, but her work is still so very awesome. In her new drabble fic,  Maureen Thomas takes us into the military world with A Few Good Men . Now I don’t care what anyone says, Edward, Jasper and Marines are three words that will bring me running every single time and I know you have to agree.

~oOo~

In a defiant move against his abusive Army Sergeant father, Jasper Whitlock enlists and boards a bus to the Marine base at Parris Island. He leaves everything in Texas behind him but after he steps off the bus, he begins to rethink his decision.

But that was before he saw him.

Looking towards a building I see a tall thin man with pale smooth skin. Even from this distance I can see his green eyes and they are staring at me.

Our eyes lock, neither of us seems able to look away. I blink and breathe in deeply, opening my eyes he's gone.

Edward Cullen watches as the newest recruits step off the bus onto his base. Every recruit looks either sick or afraid as they’re being forcefully greeted by the commanding officer.

Every recruit except one.

My eyes are drawn to this cocky looking fucker who just waltzes over to where the others are standing.

Thank God it's common place to watch the new arrivals as I can't take my eyes off him.

While Jasper tries not to look, Edward watches every move he makes. But, with one move, Jasper makes Edward believe he’s straight. He’s disappointed and tormented because he can’t stop the desire growing inside him for this new recruit.

Edward’s torment grows as he storms in to meet his new squad, only to find the object of his desire standing at the end of the row. In a hasty move, he finds himself in a position where he’ll have to work closely with Jasper.

Torture?? Maybe…or…maybe not.

As training begins, each man watches the other closely, thinking the other isn’t looking. Fleeting glances are caught, small smiles are seen and then hidden, and dreams fill their minds while they try to sleep.

Jasper: I've pictured undressing him, slowly removing his greenish brown shirt as I stare into his even greener eyes. I know I could feel the electricity around us. The desire.

Edward: Jasper, I sigh out his name, is sleeping right on the other side of the wall. I close my eyes and place my hand on it.

They both feel it, but neither one knows the other’s true feelings. Which one will act first? Who can make the first move in the one place where their attraction could cause trouble for both of them? Who will put everything on the line and allow desire to win?

~oOo~

Only Maureen Thomas can answer these questions for us. I, for one, can’t wait to see who cracks first. Will it be Edward or Jasper? My money’s on Edward. Why don’t you read along with me and make some guesses of your own. And when you do, don’t forget to give my girl some love. Anyone who puts Edward and Jasper in fatigues definitely deserves some praise. Until next time…much love to you – D

~*~*~*~*~*~

Alright. Show of hands, here. How many of you had your first encounter with fanfic by reading AngstGoddess003’s Wide Awake? Yeah, that’s what I thought. ;-)

If you’re like me, Wide Awake was your first dip into the huge pond that is Twilight fanfiction. And, if you’re like me, you’ve always wondered, “What if-?”

I mean, come on. Who doesn’t love Edward, scarred and broken as he is? Or his best friend, Jasper? Y’all know there just has to be more to those two than what we’ve read, right?

Right.


TuesdayMidnight agreed with that and when the Fanfic my Fanfic contest rolled around, she decided to do something about it. Enter Chapter 0 JamFilled Jaspers, where she explores a night of drunken mayhem that predates Bella’s arrival at Esme’s.

Yep. Drunken mayhem about sums it up, so why don’t I just give you a little something to wet your whistle with.

"M'not jealous," Jazz insisted, bringing me back to the present.

I rolled my eyes. He could beat the shit out of my mattress if he wanted to, but I wasn't going to listen to him sit here and pretend that he didn't constantly talk about Brandon like she was a the prize in a cereal box or some shit. I actually missed the crazy fucker who tried to get me 'out of my shell.' Anything would be preferable to the Jazz who mooned over my next door neighbor.

"Jazz," I started.

"Okay, fine," he slurred at me, lolling his head in my direction like it took a huge effort to move that much. "I should be making out with her, not that Crowley douche."

"So do something about it," I said, the 'duh' I left out hanging in the air.

"What am I s'pposed to do?" His head was still turned to the side, but he was staring at me with big puppy dog eyes as if I'd actually have an answer for him that I hadn't told him a million times before.

"I don't know," I started. "Tell her you want to fuck her brains out. Or go back downstairs, shove Crowley out of the way and then lean in to her and say 'How 'bout you kiss a real man.'" As I spoke, I leaned in closer to Jazz, blowing my whiskey-breath on his face.

*grins* What happens next is something you’ll have to read for yourselves.


~*~*~*~*~*~

There you have it, folks. Two great stories to sink those teeth into. Be sure to check back next week to see what Connie and Mizzdee have in store for you. In the mean time, why don't you leave these wonderful authors some love.

And don't forget, The Summer It All Began contest is up and running and still looking for entries. That awesome plotbunny that's been hopping around your brain forever? Why not dip your toes in the writing pool and enter it? The contest is anonymous, so there's no better time to give writing a try and join in on the fun. It doesn't hurt the prizes are pretty awesome, too. Check it out!

No comments: