Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tuesday's Best 5-1-2012

Gooooood morning, my lovelies! How are y'all doing today? Hope everyone's having a good time and that you're all safe and sound. Connie and I have found two stories we're dying to share with you, so why don't we get right to it, shall we? Don't forget to grab some towels and a change of panties.


~*~*~*~*~*~

Celebrating for the First Time by MinaWritesSlash is my way to make it up to you after the heartbreak from last week.

I love when a gem like Celebrating for the First Time makes me smile while I´m at work on a Thursday morning. That warm and fluffy feeling inside *sigh* yes, it´s a happy one shot written for Fandom Gives Back.

Carlisle meets Edward at Esme´s Sweet Delights eight years ago, when he was desperately looking for a birthday cake. Well, he will find so much more.

"Good afternoon. Welcome to Esme's Sweet Delights. How may I help you?"

I looked up and froze where I stood. The young man at the register had the most beautiful golden-green eyes I'd ever seen and his voice… fuck me, it was like dripping chocolate and all things sinful wrapped up in one.

One look at the boy behind the counter changed his life forever. Almost daily trips to the bakery to be able to talk to the boy. A few extra pounds gain with all the treats and he still needed Esme to act as Cupid and set him up with her nephew.

"I didn't mean to scare you," she giggled, "I'm Edward's aunt, Esme. I'm also the owner of this shop, as you probably already know."

"Umm… yeah, I thought that was pretty obvious," I chuckled nervously, having no idea why this woman spoke to me like we were old friends.

She smiled and nodded, "My nephew wasn't feeling well this morning and he mentioned you were a doctor?"

Now it was my turn to smile and nod.

Has Edward been talking about me?

"Good, I kind of hoped, that, perhaps, you wouldn't mind making a quick house call this morning."

The story moves between flashbacks of their relationship, sweet moments over their 8 years together and the present, where Calisle has news for Edward. They been waiting for the envelope to arrive and now that is here Carlisle can’t wait to tell Edward.

"Okay, babe. You gotta tell me, are we celebrating something?"

Carlisle nodded; his grin was huge, making his eyes crinkle.

"What, babe? Tell me!"

Carlisle laughed and pulled his chair next to me. "Check under the seat cushion," he said pointing at my lap.

I lifted myself up and felt with my hand under the cushion, I took out a big manila envelope and I raised an eyebrow in question.

Carlisle was practically vibrating with excitement, "Open it!"

I opened it and the first thing I took out was a picture of a little girl, no more than two years old. She had olive skin and a beautiful pair of lime green eyes. Her hair was curly and dark as ebony. She was holding a plush pink bunny and smiling at the camera.

My breath hitched.

Carlisle put his arm around my shoulders, "Meet our new daughter, Lalina."

Anyone up for some Daddyward?

Go check it out and leave some love for MinaWritesSlash.  If you are a romantic at heart, like me, you’ll love their sexy moments together.

See you all next time.

Connie
~*~*~*~*~*~

What I’m about to rec is not slash. I know. Shocker, especially coming from me ;-) However, it’s slated to be BDSM, so I figure it’s all good. Right?

Right.

So, what is this story? It’s Letters to Master, by dariachenowith. It’s a drabble arc, and thus far only five chapters in. Why am I bringing it to your attention? Well, I’m going on faith here because what little there is looks very promising and I know from experience that Daria’s great at spinning tales.

Here’s a wee taste for you.

I hesitate.

I really want to do this. I've thought about it for so long, I've planned and plotted, created a whole new online identity for myself - and always, at this point, I lose faith and close the browser window.

Only this time, I click the button. 'Submit', it reads, which make me snort and smile.

I wish I could show you more, but you’ll have to check this one out for yourself.

~*~*~*~*~*~

There you have it, folks. Another couple of stories to sink your teeth into. Be sure to leave these wonderful authors some love, and check back next week to see what MizzDee and I have in store for you.

In the mean time, don't forget about The Summer It All Began. They're now accepting entries, so jump on in and give it a go. The contest is anonymous, so what better time to stretch your writer's wings and give it a go. I just know y'all have some excellent stories waiting to be told and you know we love to share them.

No comments: