Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday's Best 4-24-2012

Good morning, my lovelies. Are y'all enjoying the spring weather? Counting down the days til summer's officially here? Well, whether you are or not, Connie and MizzDee have a couple of stories for you to kick back and relax with, so why don't we get right down to it. Don't forget to grab a fresh pair of panties and some towels. 

~*~*~*~*~*~




Hello my loves, I’m back! First I want to say THANK YOU to SorceressCirce for helping Nae last time.

Thank God most of the people that were in critical situation over the storm have their power and stuff back. There’s still some reconstruction work being done but mostly everyone is back on their feet.

And me? Well, I’m ready to jump back in and share some boy love with you all.




The Secret of Truth starts with Carlisle and Esme getting a phone call from social services. Considering both their children’s, Alice and Emmett, have been legally adopted the call comes as a surprise. Even more when they arrive to the Hospital and the Social worker explains why they’ve been called.

"Early yesterday morning, the police recovered a missing child. Well, he's not so much a child anymore. He's 16. He was previously believed to be dead. His parents were killed in 2002. The killer was never caught, and the boy, then 8 years old, was never seen again. Until yesterday." I'm sure the shock on my face explained my feelings adequately, but Esme's gasp probably did too. "His name is Edward Masen. It appears he has been held captive by the man that killed his parents, in a house east of the city. He turned up at a neighbor's house, injured and yelling for her to call 911. He told her his name, before collapsing. His captor was found in his home, knocked out on the floor. He's in custody, but as you can imagine, it has caused quite the stir in the community.

"Edward hasn't said much, he didn't want any treatment at first, but we've convinced him to at least cooperate for observation purposes. He didn't want to stay put, but he's calmed down quite a bit. It's apparent to his doctor and the psychiatrist who have seen him that he has suffered from physical and emotional abuse, and although he wouldn't let anyone examine him, they suspect sexual abuse as well. As you can image, I can't exactly just put him in the system like any other kid. He has been isolated from the world for half of his life and will need extensive therapy to get him reintroduced to society. There are plenty of people who would want to take advantage of him, and I wanted to place him with people he could become comfortable with, in order to have even a chance at healing. If we are not able to place him with a family, he will end up in a hospital for the foreseeable future.”

Grab your tissues we are in for a painful ride in The Secret of Truth. Carlisle and Esme might be Edward’s only chance to get better and to finally have the family that was stolen from him so many years ago.

"This is crazy….yesterday I was worried about Emmett's speeding ticket and Alice was upset about that boy, and now look! We could have another child. Just like that…." Esme said. She sounded a bit dazed, and I worried that she and I weren't on the same page with this.

"We don't have to do this you know, we could walk away. He would never know anything about us." I tried to keep the disappointment out of my voice, but it was hard.

"You don't want to?"

"I didn't say that. I think we could do this. But it's hard to imagine what would happen to him…"

"Carlisle? I want him. I don't know why, it's crazy. But I don't think I can leave knowing he is alone."

The Secret of Truth is told from Edward’s POV with diary entries-ish, I like how he shares with the readers day by day his emotions and the way he sees what is going on around him.

It is difficult for him to relate in the beginning to his new foster parents, once he is out of the hospital. Baby steps, first he needs to start talking, he needs to understand that he is safe and then he will be able to move on.

"What's the matter?" I must have shown the dread on my face. Clearly I needed to work on hiding my emotions better with these people; they were always asking questions that I didn't really want to answer.

I planned on sticking to my silent approach, but thought better of it. These people hadn't done anything to me yet. In fact, Esme had just helped me get through the reporters unscathed. She didn't deserve my silent treatment.

So I swallowed my pride, and answered her. "This is the first time I've been in a car, at least since...well for a long time," I told her quietly. Hopefully she understood what I meant, because I didn't really plan on elaborating.

To my surprise, she smiled kindly at me, reaching out to pat my hand that was on the seat. I looked at our hands together and surprisingly, I was okay with it. Actually, it was kind of nice.

"You're going to be safe now, honey. Nobody's going to hurt you anymore. You deserve to be happy."

Remember how I told you that fanfiction Emmett is my favorite? Well, HaydeeMB writes and adorable adaptation of him and a painfully broken Edward.

"What's going to happen to me?" They couldn't read much into that right?

Unfortunately, my question was met with silence for a few moments too long to be comfortable. I couldn't take it much longer and I looked up at Esme to hopefully break the silence. Esme's eyes were watery and I cursed myself for even opening my mouth. I looked away as fast as I could, ashamed that I could upset her so quickly.

She didn't make me wait much longer though. "You're going to come to your new home, with us, and you will be a part of our family, as long as you are happy there. You don't ever have to stay anywhere you don't want to again. We know you've been rushed into this, but I promise you, everything that happens from now on is up to you. We just want you to be safe and happy and healthy, and Carlisle and I will do everything we can to make that happen. Hopefully, you will love your new home and will want to stay with our family, for as long as you need us."

There is a long way to go for Edward, even though his new family can be overwhelming he learns to trust them. The road to recovery is not an easy one, between therapy, panic attacks and bad dreams the whole family has their hands full with him.

"Give him a few days, hopefully he'll come around. Your job as parents right now is to just be there if he wants to talk. Make sure he knows he's not alone and try to engage him as much as possible. Most of his healing needs to happen on his own time, you just need to be there when he asks for help, even if he doesn't say it."

The story has very slow phase and long chapters. I think it gives HaydeeMB  the space and time she needs to build the characters and the story itself.

The whole family is very present and helpful with Edward. Esme is the adoring mother as always. Carlisle is a dedicated father. Alice is happy to have a new addition to the family together with the excuse for some shopping. Emmett is still adjusting to his new brother and developing new feelings along the way.

What I love about The Secret of Truth is the honesty, the reality of the situation. There are not miracle cures, there is not overcoming Edward’s fears with some magic formula. They go through trauma and recover from it.

The Secret of Truth it’s a very underappreciated fic, so please read it and leave some love for HaydeeMB tell her we send you because she has the power to break my heart with every chapter and give me enough hope to come back for more each time an update hits my inbox.

I’ll see you all next week.

Connie

~*~*~*~*~*~



Hello my loves. I’ve got a good one for you today. Thoughts and Feelings by mkmmsm gives us our boys, Edward and Jasper, as their original vampire selves…with a little twist I think you’ll love. Let’s get right to it, shall we??

~oOo~

Edward and Jasper, two vampires with extraordinary powers, are left in the house alone while the rest of the family leaves to hunt.

Alone in his room, Edward lays in his bed listening to a new record and allowing the passion of the music to take over his senses.

Alone in his room, Jasper lays in his bed thinking of Edward and feeling the waves of passion flowing toward him from the room down the hall.

Lost to the passion of the music, Edward allows his hands to roam his body, shedding his clothes in the process.

As the rush of feelings crash into him, Jasper’s hands travel south, the touch causing him to moan in pleasure.

Shocked at the sound, Edward stills his hands and listens.
Edward heard Jasper's unneeded breathing pick up, becoming more shallow. So hard... fuck! He listened to Jasper's thoughts.

Edward suddenly became even more turned on, hearing Jasper as he imagined what Edward was doing to his own body.

Was Jasper naked like he was? Was he twisting his nipple and feeling his flesh pebble and the ache in his cock? Edward's hand started moving slowly south down his body...

Lust slams into Jasper, exciting him more than anything ever has before. He takes himself in hand and sends his thoughts directly to Edward.

Edward, fuck, I'm so hard right now listing to you and feeling you. Don't stop, please don't stop, Jasper thought as he continued to stroke his dick and twist his nipples. Jasper almost came right then and there with the lust he felt hit him.

Back and forth, Edward’s lust and Jasper’s thoughts were driving them both crazy with need, want, lust and desire. Thoughts and feelings bring them closer to what they both want.

Finally satisfied, Edward takes a deep breath and suddenly realizes that Jasper is no longer in his own room.

In his bedroom doorway was a very naked, very beautiful Jasper stroking his thick hard cock.

Smirking at Edward, Jasper crossed the space and leaned into Edward, bringing his lips to his ear. "What do you say we try that again?"

~oOo~

Do they or don’t they? What will the family think? What will Alice think? The only way to get those answers is to read the next chapter of this masterpiece of sexual desire that mkmmsm has laid out for us. Right now, this amazing piece of work stands unfinished but maybe, if we beg her hard enough, she’ll give us more. So, go read, enjoy our boys and don’t forget to leave our girl some love. It is definitely well deserved. Until next time…much love to you – D


~*~*~*~*~*~

There you have it, folks. Two great stories for you to sink your teeth into. Be sure to leave these wonderful authors some love and check back next week to see what Connie and I have in store for you. In the mean time, have you started writing for The Summer It All Began yet? Entries will be accepted soon, and you know y'all love some slash. It's anonymous, so the perfect time to jump in and wet your feet if you've never written before. 

No comments: