Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday's Best 7-10-2012

Good morning, my lovelies! Hope you're enjoying some beautiful summer weather and staying cool, safe, and healthy. MizzDee and I have heat of a different sort to bring you, so settle in and get comfortable and we'll get right to it.


~*~*~*~*~*~

Mornin, my loves. I hope everyone that celebrates had a great holiday last week.  Today I’m bringing you a treat. Who’s ready for Twilight with a little bit of a twist?? I know I am and Mrs. Agget is the perfect one to deliver with Eternal Sunset . So buckle in and get ready for the ride.

~oOo~

We all know the story…

Bella Swan moves to Forks, falls in love with a gorgeous vampire by the name of Edward Cullen, and the two go on this crazy journey as they fight for their happily ever after.

Well…what if it just didn’t happen that way??

What if it wasn’t Bella Swan that showed up at Forks high school?

What if it was Bella Masen and her twin brother, Edward?

They are two very different people. While Bella loves the attention that being the new kid brings, Edward is the one to shy away from the questions and gawking students as he goes through his day, trying his best to stay off the radar of the Forks student body.

Unfortunately, as he enters that ever fateful biology class, he is seated next to none other than Jasper Cullen, who is, of course, a gorgeous vampire.

In all his years on earth, Jasper never really believed that every vampire had one true mate, though with his adopted parents’ example, he knew it was possible. He just hadn’t found the right one for him.

Well, he didn’t…until he saw Edward.

When the boy, Edward Masen, looked up to see where I sat, his eyes locked on mine at the same time the oscillating fan blew in my direction. It felt like the whole world shifted under me and nothing else in the entire world existed but him. Edward.

He smelled…delicious. I managed to restrain myself by gripping the edges of the lab table. Venom pooled in my mouth, urging me to mark him, taste him, change him, and make him mine. In that instant, I understood what Maria and Peter had tried to explain to me—he was my mate.

Well, you know where the story goes from here…or do you? I don’t want to give it all away but I will say that after a fit of jealousy and the involvement of an overly helpful brother, Edward and Jasper are going to find themselves in their own fight for their happily ever after.

~oOo~

I am so glad that I found this story. It’s not often that I find an author who can bring such an interesting twist to the story we all love so much, but Mrs. Agget does just that. Her story will keep you on your toes and have you wondering what’s coming next. Go and check it out. You won’t regret it. And don’t forget to leave her some love. She deserves it. Until next time…much love to you – D

~*~*~*~*~*~

Two years ago, OnTheTurningAway wrote a lovely little drabble arc for my birthday. I just rediscovered it and had to share. It’s called Old Enough, and in it, Jasper is working at a summer camp. Though he’s not sure what the hell he’s doing there, he soon finds out that summer is fraught with possibilities.

Since this is a very short arc, I can’t share too much with you, obviously, but I will leave you with this.

My mother thinks this summer will be good for me; a change of scenery, new friends, maybe a carefree romance to help me get over my broken heart.

She has always done her best to understand and accept me.

"You are my son, Jasper," she says. "I will never turn my back on you, regardless of who you love."

I suppose I should be grateful for the opportunity.

And yet, I feel alone.

But is he? Read for yourself to find out. And OntheTurningAway? Thanks again for this lovely present that still gives me pleasure to read.

~*~*~*~*~*~

There you have it, folks, two great stories to sink your teeth into. Check back next week to see what Connie and MizzDee have in store for you. In the mean time, be sure to leave these wonderful authors some love.

No comments: