Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday's Best~Nov 10th, 2009

Welcome to TwiSlash Unveiled


Tuesday's are for the best slash stories we can find and this Tuesday is no different. Naelany and I are here to present you with a few FUCKAWESOME tales that will get your heart to sing and your juices to flow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whitlock's Girl brings you...

by xXAngle WingsXx


I've just started reading Happiness in Unexpected Situations and I have to say I've REALLY intrigued. It's by xXAngle WingsXx, who writes Meeting Him, a story Val and I reviewed back in August. We loved that story, but thought that the author needed a beta. Since that review, she's found one and this story shows.

Like Meeting Him, Happiness in Unexpected Situations showcases Jacob and Edward, but the author adds in none other than my favorite Twi-guy Jasper. *SWOON* Sorry, couldn't help myself. Jacob, Edward and Jasper in a slash story is a girl's wet dream and probably a bunch of gay boys' as well. (Reminds self to ask Zulfiqar what he thinks. LOL!)

So, click the link and read along with me. I think we are all in for a very nice ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naelany brings you...

I have to thank Beautiful Figment for pointing me to this week's rec, actually. It's been hours since I read it, and it still has me firmly in its grip. It's

Just Like Chocolate by FarDareisMai2

and it's her first venture into Twific. It's and Edward/Jasper fic and it was written as an entry for the Slash/Backslash contest. I know I usually will give a snippet or two of the fic I rec, but I'm not going to, this time.

What I will give you, is three guarantees:

1. You will need a towel (and possibly new panties)
2. You will never, ever look at chocolate the same way again

and

3. You will need Kleenex.

I can squeeze in a fourth one, if you're anything like me. You will be thinking about this one for a while after you've read it. I certainly hope that FarDareisMai2 will continue writing for the Twi-fandom, because...damn!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, there you have it. Another Tuesday filled with TwiSlash Unveiled's picks of the week. Hope you remembered your towel. If not, don't send us the dry cleaning bill, we warned you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And Whitlock's Girl has an EXTRA special treat for you Queer as Folk fans...

While Brian and Justin's story left us wanting more, the fandom hasn't. I have been searching through the dregs of the internet for QaF stories that will satisfy my new and insatiable craving for MORE B/J, and by golly I found a fucking beautiful, heartwrenching AU story that picks up during Season Two.

by StrongatHeart

So, if you're a Brian & Justin Queer as Folk fan I highly recommend you read this story. It's simply amazing. The angst, the hurt, the comfort, the heartache, they are all so beautiful and raw and REAL. Be sure to have your Kleenex beside you. You will need it. Turning Points is one that you won't be able to put aside until it's finished and even after you're all caught up, you'll still be thinking of the boys and this story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be sure to follow us on Twitter. We'll announce contest info, blog posts and other TwiSlash news there.

No comments: