Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday's Best~Nov 3rd, 2009

Welcome to TwiSlash Unveiled


Tuesday's are for the best slash stories we can find and this Tuesday is no different. Naelany and I are here to present you with a few FUCKAWESOME tales that will get your heart to sing and your juices to flow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whitlock's Girl brings you...

by starfish422


Well, it's finally here and it's fucking fabulous and it's just one fucking chapter so far. That's right, Katie aka starfish422's Deep Dish has been unveiled on FFnet and I couldn't allow it to not be mentioned here.

Deep Dish, for those of you who have been living under a rock, is an off shoot of the fan-fucking-tabulous story, Over the Top. The story revolves around Katie's original character, Jack Charles - whom Katie has visualized as the one, the only, the fucking beautiful, Henry Cavill. (Can you say YUM?)

So, how does a story about an original character make it on TwiSlash? Well, if you are a fan of DefinatelyStaying's House of Cards, then you saw a bit of Katie's Jack at the end of HoC, and if not then you need to be strung up by your little toes and left to hang for a while. LOL! Anyway, the answer to the Twi/OC question is answered there and as someone that LOATHES having a book/movie/show/surprise ruined I refuse to do that here. Needless to say, the pairing is a little different than the norm for the TwiSlash fandom.

I forsee wonderful things from starfish422's Deep Dish, but then what else would you expect from one of our fandom's leading ladies. You can find more info on Katie and her stories on her blog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naelany brings you...

I knew there was a reason to like contests. Well, reading the fics that come out of them anyway. Every now and then something comes up that catches your eye. In this case, it was...

Don't Stop by Morrissey Is God

Which was written for the For The Love Of Jasper contest. In it, Jasper is found by Carlisle and Edward, starving and well... somewhat feral, I guess you could say. True to Carlisle form, he takes Jasper in and with some effort teaches him their ways. Jasper's not confident in his ability to abstain from humans, and also a little confused by Edward's refusal to be anywhere near him. After a while, things change, as things are prone to do. I don't want to say very much more here, since this is a One Shot after all, and doing so would spoil things for you. What I will do, is leave you with a little bit to wet your whistle with.

I snorted, but knew that was what I was doing – sulking. Fine. Come in. He pushed the door open and shot across the room, sitting on the other side of my bed. Stupid bed. I hadn't been able to sleep for over a century. He laughed. Ugh. Stop reading my thoughts.

“I'm sorry,” he said, and I regretted my words instantly when he got up to leave.

“No, I'm sorry. Stay?” I laid back on my bed as Edward flopped down beside me. His hand brushed mine, and I felt a strange spark of electricity. I pulled away, feeling his own surprise as well as mine. “So,” I said, trying to ignore what had just happened. “You go back to school soon, right?”

“Yes.” I could still feel his surprise, and once again confusion. And.. lust?! My eyes widened and I sat up, turning to look at him. His eyes were closed, and he was shaking his head slightly. “I'm sorry,” he whispered.

“I.. don't.. it's ok,” I stuttered. The feeling was still there, though it was more muted, as though he was trying to suppress it.

“I.. I have to go,” he choked out, fleeing from the room.


Check it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, there you have it. Another Tuesday filled with TwiSlash Unveiled's picks of the week. Hope you remembered your towel. If not, don't send us the dry cleaning bill, we warned you.

I also want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to Naelany, not only for stepping up and helping out for a bit, but once she agreed to do so, she did something I've not had the time to do - she's created a list of all our recs and done it in record time, WITHOUT being asked. I can't thank her enough. I love ya chick!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, don't forget about TwiSlash Unveiled's Poly Slash One Shot contest that opened on Sept 15th. For information, click the link on the top right hand side of the page, or shoot us an email. We'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

The submission rules have changed a bit from the Femme Slash contest so, if you are entering please be certain to check out the TwiSlash Unveiled ffnet acct and read through the rules before you submit your story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be sure to follow us on Twitter. We'll announce contest info, blog posts and other TwiSlash news there.

No comments: