Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday's Best 5-17-2011

Good morning, my lovelies! Hope today finds you well, safe, and happy! I know that it was supposed to be Stolenxsanity's turn today, but Real Life can be a real bitch at times, and she's taking a well-deserved break from everything. Please keep her and Captain Jezebel in your thoughts/prayers. 

In the mean time, Conversed and I have scrounged up some lovely slashy goodness for you to feast on. Check it out - and don't forget to bring  those towels and fresh panties ;-)

~*~*~*~*~*~



So I woke up this Saturday morning with an almost empty inbox. Is it just me or is it a trufax that there are less really good slashy stories updating at the moment? Anyway, instead of skipping merrily over to the Drarry fandom, I did my patented stalk someone else’s favorites thang instead and noticed a Edward/Jasper WIP that I hadn’t already heard of.

I’m so glad that I found it.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS STORY IS GREAT.

I could just stop with that endorsement, but having just scored this reviewing gig, I’ll try a little harder.

Learning to Feel is a story that (at the time of writing) is updating nearly daily. NEARLY DAILY, PEOPLE! How cool is that? The author, Owenic, has skills. JS.

The story starts with a common enough premise – hey, there’s only so many ways that a straight guy can figure out that he might be, um, not straight – but the way it’s handled is really nicely done.  I love good characterisation and this A/H story has it in spades;


“I'd even done some research on it, for fuck's sake. Some people have low libidos and there are medications or therapies or some shit, but my job keeps me busy enough that I just don't miss it. I never enjoy sex, it's simply a means of release. I usually fall into bed, too tired to care, wake up a few hours later and go back to work.

That is my life.”


Oh, Edward.

Gorgeous, troubled, lonely Dr. Edward moves to Forks for a much needed life-change and by the end of his first day he’s reeling, spinning, head completely turned by Owenic's beautiful Jasper;

"So, Edward," he says nonchalantly, "is anyone else moving here with you? Is there a Mrs. Edward?"

I look up at him. "No."

"Is there a Mr. Edward?"

I'm not sure what he means and the confusion must be clear on my face because he clarifies, "A boyfriend?"

My breathing stutters, my eyes never leave his and all I can do is shake my head no.

And he smiles.

Fuck.”


Fuck indeed.

At the time of writing I’m just six chapters in and I’m loving the fast pace, the excellent writing, and the effortless way that Learning to Feel has gotten under my skin.

These boys are hot. I’m not gonna lie, I’m a little pissed that I didn’t think to write EXACTLY the same story first.  I wouldn’t change a thing. It’s so incredibly USTy, and sexy, and UNFy, with enough scope for a little wrench of angst, that as soon as I close this doc I’m going to go back and read it all over again.

Enjoy!


Conversed.
~*~*~*~*~*~

 
 Y’all know Bbebar by now, right? If not, then let me help you get to know her a little better. Well, her writing, at least ;-)

If you haven’t read In You, I Am Complete yet, you’re really missing out. Edward’s... shall we say, sassy. He’s in a bit of a bind, needing money to pay rent or else face eviction. I’m pretty sure some of you know that particular brand of desperation that can befall a person at times like that. His work’s cutting hours and his boss is being less than understanding of his predicament.

So, what’s a boy to do? Why, turn to their best friend, of course. Alice just so happens to know of the perfect job for our boy. Seeing as how he’s usually pretty... cocky... about things, especially his body - he’s learned to be, thanks to a rough time growing up. Why that is, you’ll have to read to find out - he decides to go with it.

What is it, you ask?

Raising my fist, I rap three times on the door. "Come in," a raspy female voice calls out. I enter the room to find a rather stereotypical office. There is a shitload of books, a wooden desk, and a computer…nothing out of the ordinary. Well except for Professor Jane, who is stunningly beautiful. She has long platinum blond hair, ice blue eyes, and full, red lips. She almost makes my dick switch teams.

"You must be Mr. Cullen," she says, nodding toward a chair presumably so I can take a seat. "I must say, your photographs don't do you justice and neither does your friend Alice's description. You're going to be perfect for the job. I'm thrilled we were able to work this out last minute because the dean was threatening to cancel my class," she rambles on.

I struggle to pay attention, but frankly, I just want to get this over with. I figure if I can get through it once; the rest will be a fucking cakewalk. "Um...well thank you again for having me," I say for lack of anything better.

"Do you have any questions before I show you the studio? I think you'll find this won't be nearly as difficult as you may think," she smiles, starting to stand up. Questions? I have a million fucking questions, not the least of which is how the fuck my life ended up here. Somehow, I don't think Professor Jane has those answers.

That given you a clue yet? Thought so. All in all, Edward is pretty confident he’ll be able to make it through the ordeal, once he realizes the class is very small - only six pupils. Five of them are there already by the time he’s changed clothes (what? Putting on a robe so falls under changing clothes! Anyway). Chicks, and a nerd. He can handle that.

And then the guy that could have walked straight out of his wet-dreams walks through the door, and he’s pretty much done for. I absolutely adore the descriptions she’s used for some of this.

I see his right hand lift a pencil to begin sketching as his left hand combs through his hair. The lines between his eyes crease as if deep in thought. Then his arm starts moving over the paper, and I feel it like a caress on my skin.

Sorry, but that’s all I’m willing to give you. For more, you’ll have to go read for yourself. You won’t regret it ;-)
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
There you have it, folks. Hopefully you'll enjoy these stories (we certainly do!) and leave these wonderful authors some love. Be sure to check back next week to see what Aradi and Conversed have up their sleeves for you. 

In the mean time, there are still three days left to enter The Real Love Contest and give us some realistic lemony goodness. Have Edward slip while trying to go down on his boy in the shower. Or maybe Bella has a giggle fit when she and Alice try to use a harness for the first time. I'm sure you can think of something good ;-)
 
Also, there are three days left to submit prompts for  The Twilight No Stress Love Fest, the Summer edition. Think Summer and Love, in all its shapes and forms. After the 20th, you'll have until June 30th to send in your entries! Come on, join in on the fun.

*wanders off, singing* Summer lovin', had me a blast...

No comments: