Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday's Best 5-31-2011

Good morning, my lovelies. Hope today finds you happy, healthy, and safe. Aradi and I have found a couple of great stories to help distract you from all the crazy going on in the world at the moment, so why don't we dive right in and see?

~*~*~*~*~*~


Shhh... it's confession time.

This is our safe place, you know.  A place we can talk about secrets and our quirks and our loves and even those things other people might not understand.  

This week's rec is (yet another) one of my dirty little secrets, but I'll admit it just for you.

Underworld by LyricalKris

Now I've gushed about LyricalKris before, when I finally caught a clue and found her amazing One February Friday.  I figured going in that this would be another quality story.

There's slash.  Oh yes there is.  Jasper and Edward star as a pair of boys who share a lot.  They live together, work together, and sometimes even together together.

So Jasper was prepared. He'd caught a ride home with a buddy and thought of how to make Edward feel better, knowing he would need it. He sat all the way back on the couch, spreading his legs wide. "Come here, doll" he said softly, beckoning Edward with two fingers.

Edward looked up from under his eyelashes, his lips quirking and disrupting his otherwise irritated expression. He walked to Jasper, holding out his hand and letting the other man pull him down to sit between his legs.

With a moan, Edward relaxed his shoulders as Jasper's long, strong fingers began to work over the tense muscles of his neck. The blond always knew exactly how to soothe his fits of temper. He felt his jaw unclench.

"So," Jasper said, making his voice calm and lilting like a master hypnotist, "what did she say?"

Edward began to recount the last hour of his life as Jasper worked his fingers along his neck, across his shoulders and over his scalp. Whenever Edward's words would get harsh, his warm voice going cold with residual fury, Jasper would lean in, pressing his lips against the back of his hair, and Edward would melt again.

The boys have secrets of their own.  They dabble in some D/s, and they like to bring home a third person to play with.  Imagine their surprise when they find their bitchy boss (Bella) at a club.

They stopped just short of their boss, ducking quickly out of sight for a moment. "Are we really going to do what I think we're going to do?" Edward murmured to his roommate.

"Think about it. She's here alone. What do you think that means? Edward, the boss that makes our life a living hell is in a club that suggests she just might like to be bound and dominated," Jasper whispered in his ear, smirking as Edward's entire body shivered at the titillating thought. "What kind of friend would I be if I let you pass this up?"

The bronze haired man tore his gaze away from the stunning vixen to stare at Jasper. "Me?"

"Well, I'll be there to help," Jasper chuckled. "Tell me you don't want it. Tell me you don't want her completely at our mercy." He leaned in, pressing his body against the other man's and making his voice a rumble. "Tell me you don't want to order her around for once. Hmmm?"

This leads me to another confession:  I love a well-written threesome.  (I waxed poetic about this revelation in my previous review for LyricalKris.  Praise her for showing me the light.)

And yet another:  Nothing says "unf" like a little tie-me-up-tie-me-down.

The plot of Underworld even centers around the secrets.  There's a workplace crush, their private kinks, and allll the things Bella feels she must hide, deny or ignore in order to be an effective boss in their office.

If you're a diehard slash fan, you should know this story is clearly labeled Edward/Bella so that shouldn't even be a spoiler.  There's more than enough Jasper/Edward/Bella to make up for it though.

And finally, the ultimate confession:  I read E/B and sometimes I even like it.

*gasp*

~Aradi

~*~*~*~*~*~

I love finding new authors. Well, knew to me, anyway. It’s rare that I go looking for any. I just seem to... stumble across them somehow. That was also the case with wytchwmn75, whose stories I’d never read before, but whom I’ve been following on twitter for a while now. When she randomly tweeted for a prompt for a new story, we ended up talking, and one thing led to another.

When I asked her if she’d written slash before, she told me about Making History, which started off as a one-shot written for Fics4Nash. She later continued it. Mind, all this happened right around bedtime for me.

Three guesses what happened? Yep, you got it. I started reading and could. not. stop. So I figured I would share this little titbit with you, so you can go check it out for yourself.


Edward is a student, in desperate need of a history class in order to graduate college. He ends up in Professor Whitlock’s class, in a room full of women who’re all swooning over the slightly nerdy looking - but oh-so-hot - professor. Edward soon joins the throng of people crushing on the man, but believes he doesn’t stand a chance. After all, Jasper’s straight. Right?

It doesn’t stop Edward from taking matters into his own hands at night, however. But what happens when he gets a new bit of information on his new favorite teacher?

Thankfully, they did, and a few minutes later we saw a free table. As I sat down though, I spotted him across the dance floor talking to some random guy. He looked very uncomfortable but was smiling gracefully. For once, he wasn't wearing khakis. Instead, he had on dark denim jeans that hugged his body in all the right places and a white button down with some sort of design on it, he rolled up the sleeves to his elbows. My mouth watered at the sight of him.

"Um, Edward?" someone asked.

"Huh?"

"Is that the professor?"

"Yeah."

"Honey, he's gay. I've seen him here before," Riley, I think, said.

I watched as the professor excused himself and made his way to the bar. This new piece of information was still churning in my head when he grabbed his beer, downing it in one gulp and headed for the dance floor. The familiar sound of Depeche Mode began to play, and I watched as he started to dance. Before I could think about what I was doing, I got up and crossed the dance floor until I stood behind him.

Yeah, you just know they’re headed for trouble ;-) But just what kind of trouble, you’ll have to go read to find out. 

~*~*~*~*~*~
There you have it, folks. Be sure to leave these wonderful ladies some love, and check back next week to see what Conversed and I have in store for you. 

In the mean time, The Twilight No Stress Love Fest is open, and all prompts are up for grabs. Write us a story or make us a banner or some sort of art work. Think Summer and Love - and you know that that includes love in all its forms.


No comments: