Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday's Best - 2-2-2010

It's Tuesday again and y'all know what that means! Yep, we're here to bring you some of the best stories we've been able to get our hot little hands on, and we aim to share. So sit back, relax...don't forget to grab a towel or two and enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Whitlock's Girl brings you 



Looking for some hot guy on guy action? Yes? Well, aren't we all. For me, I found it in Southern Charm by Meikela.

Jasper is a rarity. He's a Chicago cop, has been for the last 5 years and he's openly gay. His partner and brother-in-law is Emmett McCarty whose been married to Jasper's sister, Rosalie for the last year. Story opens and it's their last night on patrol. Come Monday, they will be sporting shiny new gold shields and working on days.

Meanwhile, Edward Cullen pulls into a parking spot behind St. Bernard Hospital. It's his first shift and even though his brother Carlisle is the Chief of Surgery, Edward was still a bit nervous at the thought of starting his new job. A war vet, Edward worked his way through the Navy to earn his MD and he's just returning to Chicago to start anew, excited to be able to just be himself, to quit hiding and be able to admit that he's gay. 

Both men are looking for something. Jasper, who's tired of looking for Mr. Right and only finding guys that are into Mr. Right Now; and Edward, who just wants to find himself and enjoy the peace and quiet. Unfortunately, or fortunately – fuck, I'm not sure which I should use - it's one of those situations that fucking sucks, but leads to the one thing you want most. Anyhow, while Edward is sick and tired of treating gun shot wounds, on this night he has to take care of one of Chicago's Finest.

Is it Jasper or Emmett? Is Rosalie going to get the call about her husband or her brother. Well, I'm not going to tell you, that would just ruin it. GO READ THE STORY! It's most definitely worth the time and effort. Leave Meikela some love and let me know what you think. I love to know if y'all agree with my opinions on the stories I rec.

Welcome to the famile, Meikela!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
And naelany brings you

Well, here I am again, bringing another story to you. I have to admit, I've been waffling a little over this one. I love the story (like, a lot), but the subject matter is one of those that come with strong feelings and opinions attached to it. Well, in real life situations at least (we all know this is fanfic though, and sometimes different rules seem to apply).

So which story am I talking about? It's Project Seduce Mr Whitlock by rmhale. Jasper Whitlock is a new teacher at Forks High. Edward Cullen is a student in his senior year. When Mr Whitlock walks into his last class of the day - Edward's history class - he catches the eye of one Mr Cullen. Jasper, in turn, is basically smitten at the mere sight of him. Oh, and did I happen to mention that our Edward is just 17?

Right, now you see why I said this subject comes with strong feelings and emotions attached. While what happens in the story is not something I ordinarily would condone, I am nevertheless intrigued by it. In part because Edward is very self-aware, and while he is only 17 years old, he isn't that far away from being a legal adult. If given time, there would be no issue for any relationship between them, other than the odd joke of Jasper robbing the cradle (hey, I can't say much against that, since I'm guilty of that one myself ;-)).

But things are never quite that simple, are they? And that's actually the part that has me intrigued. We get to follow along on their journey. Believe me when I say that they have plenty of stumbling blocks along the way. Some stemming from the fact they are teacher/student. Some from the age difference between them. And some because while Edward is still a virgin, Jasper has just come out of a bad relationship. Can we say a recipe rife with angst?

So far, rmhale has handled things really well, and given a good feel for both characters, and I trust that she will continue to do so. There are some errors in the story, but none that really detract from the telling of it. I'm along for the ride, anyway. Hopefully you will be, too.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We hope y'all enjoyed the recs and remembered to get those towels. If you didn't, well, you're on your own for the cleaning bill - we did warn you. 

Also, don't forget about TU's Slash contest. Get some boy-lovin' headed our way. You know you want to ;-)

No comments: