Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday's Best 6-8-2010

Well good morning, ladies and gentlemen! Glad you could join us on this fine Tuesday morning! Captain Jezebel and I have some goodies for you to start your day with, so let's get to it, shall we? As ever, don't forget to grab a towel (and possibly some kleenex, too). Here we go!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello faithful TU followers, Captain Jezebel here to slashify yet another Tuesday for ya! When Naelany and I were discussing what I would rec this week I gave her a the title of a fic that has been around for almost a year, and both of us were a bit surprised that it hadn't been recc'ed yet. While digging for slashy goodness I found this E/J, multichaptered, recently completed tale, and it seems many others haven't uncovered it's delights as well. So here I sit touting love and respect for this little fic.
 
Tuesdaymidnight started Seven Minutes in Heaven as a one shot, but it seemed that her Edward had a lot to say and wouldn't let her stop there. She started writing more chapters tentatively, and eventually gave up trying to predict how far this story would go, and boy are we glad she let Edward take over.
 
Edward and Jasper are high school seniors. Edward has had a crush on Jasper since his dream boy moved to Forks, but has successfully kept his feelings, and his sexual preferences at bay until now. His family and close friends know he is gay but, understood that he wasn't ready to be 'out' to the public just yet. Through a childish game of Truth of Dare in the basement of his parent's house, surrounded by his friends, he has discovered that Jasper's been keeping a secret too.
 
Being an army brat hasn't been the easiest road for Jasper Hale, especially since moving to Forks and discovering that he's sexually attracted to guys, one guy in particular. Having been raised in a very rigid, controlled environment, he was afraid that something was wrong with him, when he started to uncover his sexuality. When his military minded father discovers this secret about his son, he doesn't exactly embrace the idea with open arms, but Jasper knows it's time, regardless of his fears, it's time to let Edward know he likes him too. He does just that in the Cullen's basement, shocking his object of affection.
 
When Alice, trying to help the best way she knows how, throws the boys literally into a closet for a game of Seven Minutes in Heaven, it doesn't sit right with Edward. Why would he want to have his first moments of bliss with his longtime crush in a 'closet' of all places, while their friends waited just outside? It was more than just the metaphor that bothered him.
 
"You have no idea, Jasper, how long I've admired you from afar, wanted you, not just physically, though that too, of course, but all of you, wanted to be with you. And then I find out during a game of fucking truth or dare that at least a tiny portion of my utter attraction to you is mutual. But I didn't get to revel in it, process it, see it in your eyes, take you out on a date or just hang out with you or anything, before I get shoved ironically into a closet with you by my idiot sister. Shit, I've never kissed a guy Jasper, I don't want my first kiss with you to be in a closet, in the dark, because of some bullshit plan of Alice's to get us together."
The silence was deafening.

It was probably only a few seconds, but after pouring my heart out in one long breath, each second with no response was excruciating. I couldn't stand it any longer.

"Jasper?"
This story is more than just some playful fun between two gay high school boys. The author follows them through college, through the pitfalls and peaks of coming out, and falling in love as gay men, and as a couple. There will be tears, there will be cheers, you may even need a couple of beers, but I promise you will delight in their story. You may even need a fan when these boys turn up the heat which they do often ...
 
His tongue plunged into my mouth as he pressed me down into the futon, settling himself between my legs and lowering his body on top of mine. I could feel his hardness rub up against me even through our layers of denim. As I was about to press my hips up even further, he sat back on his heals.
I may have whimpered at the loss of contact.

But then, he started ever so slowly unbuttoning his shirt, one by one, gradually exposing my second favorite part of his anatomy. I propped myself up on my elbows to watch. Jasper smirked at my change in position, or maybe at the fact that I was practically drooling. When he reached the last button I couldn't take it anymore, in a matter of seconds I sat up, pulled off my own shirt unceremoniously, finished Jasper's work of pushing his own shirt from his arms, and pulled him back down on top of me. The feel of his bare chest against mine was pure ecstasy.
 
*gets glazed look in eye, shakes head* Ooops..sorry where was I? Oh yes, If you haven't read this awesome fic yet, check it out and don't forget to let her know how much you liked it. If you have read it already...*shrugs* give it a second look...it's not too long (twhs) and worth it. ;)


~*~*~*~*~*~

As you've all probably been able to guess by now (well, those of you who read my story At The Deep End, at least), you know that I have a soft spot (okay, okay! A serious weakness!) for Edward and Jasper playing water polo. Up until recently, I wasn't aware there were any other stories out there, where they played that particular sport.

And then this little beauty was brought to my attention. Man Up, a collab by herinfinteeyes and LoveComesLast. It's an entry for the Texts From Last Night Contest.

Jasper, Emmett, and Edward are hanging out at Edward's house, making use of their pool. What happens when suddenly, Jasper starts thinking things about Edward - his newest teammate - that he's never entertained before in his life?

One night of binge-drinking on Jasper's part - in which he desperately tries to convince himself he's straight thank-you-very-much - and his whole world changes, but can he accept this change?

And then there's Edward, himself. Where does he fit in in all of this?
With even more trepidation than before, I pushed open the door to the locker room and tried to keep my eyes on the floor as I made my way to my locker to grab my soap. Most of the guys were already in the showers, but I saw one pair of legs with familiar reddish-brown hair standing next to my locker. I stubbornly refused to acknowledge him as
I kept my eyes on my locker and tried to remember my combination.

"It's getting to you, isn't it?" he spoke quietly in my ear. "All these guys around you, in peak physical condition. It turns you on, doesn't it?" His warm chest was pressed against my back and the rough terry cloth of the school-issued towel rubbed against the back of my thighs.

I clenched my jaw. "I'm not turned on," I said through my teeth. I wanted him to go away, because what I'd just said was a fucking lie and we both knew it.

"This says differently," he crooned as he reached down to cup my erection through my swimsuit. My head dropped against the cool metal of my locker door and I clenched my eyes shut as he got my dick in a firm grip.

"What do you want from me?" I whispered. "Is this just some fucking game to you? You just wanna prove that you can get to me or something?" I was shaking, and I knew he could feel it. He was so close to me.

There's plenty of action in this little gem. Both of the watery kind, and the lemony one. They've captured the sport and what at times can go on under water - *wiggles eyebrows* -very well, in my opinion, and that just makes me love this story all the more. 

I hope you'll check it out, leave both girls some love. Don't forget to check out the other stories in the contest, too.

~*~*~*~*~*~
There you have it, folks. I hope you'll enjoy these reads as much as we have. Don't forget to leave the authors some love.

Oh, one more thing, before you're off  and running for the day. There's a contest going on right now (well, it's just kicked off) that might be of interest to you. It's a slightly different take on things, I think. It's the Plot Bunny Contest. You have a gem of a plot bunny you would absolutely love to see written, but you're not a writer yourself? Or maybe you are one, but you have simply too many things going already to take on that one more plot bunny? Then this is your chance! The PBC is now accepting plot bunnies! Send them in, I just know y'all have got some good, slashy plot bunnies running around, and I can't wait to see them! (Oh, did I forget to mention that I'm one of the judges? Oops ;-))

No comments: