Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday's Best 10-11-2011

My apologies for running a little late today, but I had a very important date with my newest niece that I simply could not ignore ;-). I'm here now, though, and I am looking forward to sharing what MizzDee and I found for you this week, so let's get right to it!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello loves, I’m here to share with you an older story that stole my heart. It amazes me how this one-shot has never been featured here. When I first read A Kiss Before I Say Goodbye  by rmhale , I literally cried like a baby. Very few authors have the ability to drain every tear from your body, rip your heart out and stomp on it and then have you come back begging for more. This is one author and one of those stories that can do just that.

Jasper, a boy from a small Texas town, was excited to go to college where he could finally let go, be himself and be free to date any man he wanted, and the man he wanted was the one with the startling green eyes that just walked into his dorm room. Every instinct told Jasper that Edward Cullen was straight but he fell for him anyway…and he fell hard. To his surprise, Edward wanted him just as much and their relationship grew.

Five years later, Jasper is standing in a hotel room completely heartbroken as he faces his last night with the man he loves. Jasper’s fought for what is his for so long but no amount of begging, screaming or crying will change the outcome.

In the morning, Jasper will be left alone and broken.

In the morning Edward will be gone.

In the morning, Edward will marry someone else.

"I'm so sorry, my love, so fucking sorry," he whispered against my neck, kissing me softly before I felt his body shake. We had been doing this for days, crying, holding each other, making love instead of sleeping. We were trying to fit in a lifetime of love into a few short months. It was so unfair.

"Please don't," I cried, but I no longer knew what I was asking of him.

Please don't marry her.

Please don't leave me.

Please hold me and tell me it will all be okay.

Please make me yours forever.

Please make it stop hurting.

All of these things I had asked of him and none could he give me.

~oOo~

"When I said that I loved you, Edward, it was forever, never forget that...okay?" I said desperately, begging him to never forget what we had.
"I'll never forget, Jasper...never forget you, I promise," he sobbed against my lips.

"Goodbye, Jasper...I love you...try to be happy...can you try? For me," he said, weeping softly as he turned to go.

How does Jasper move on when the love of his life makes the conscious choice to leave and marry someone else…someone he knows Edward could never love?

The answer… well, you have to read and find out.

As I said before, this story tore out my heart and left me feeling every bit of Jasper’s pain. I was afraid that I would never be given the chance to know how Jasper dealt with the pain, but by some miracle, we were given The Path to Absolution , a sequel that shows Edward on his journey to find his way back into Jasper’s life.  I can’t promise that you won’t cry when you read their story but I can promise that you won’t be sorry you did.

So, until next time…much love to you - D

~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay, so I’ve been holding out on you. I should apologize, but I’m really not at all sorry. I wanted to see if these boys were going to be as good as I was hoping they would be. Well guess what. They’re better, and I just can’t justify keeping them to myself any longer.

What boys am I talking about? The Aussie-boys from Bad Timing, by We’re JazzEd. Yep, you read that right. This Edward and Jasper are Australian. To be honest, it was because of this that I wanted to hold off for a while, because I know that it can be very difficult to paint a story with characters we’re used to seeing as American, and have them be natural as something else. These ladies, however, are continually knocking my socks off with their Aussie-boys, and every time I read a chapter I never once doubt who they are and where they’re from. It also helps (for me, at least, since I’m definitely not a native) that at the end of each chapter they supply a glossary of Aussie terms. Thanks for that, ladies!

Now, enough on that. You want to know about boys, right? Right. So let me introduce you to Edward and Jasper, best friends for life since they were wee lads. Never one without the other... right up until the time when something happens that tears them apart. Not something of their doing, which makes the separation all the more heart breaking. They try to keep in touch, however, and for a while, they succeed.

Until fate intervenes again, and all seems lost. But is it? You’ll have to wait and see for yourselves. For my part, I found them quite endearing, and watching them grow was very... sexy and interesting. I trust you’ll feel much the same.

Here’s a little something to whet your whistle with.

Hearing the door open pulled me back to the present and I turned, smiling widely, to see a group of drunk, young men enter.

My smile froze on my face.

No, it can't be!

But it was.

I'd have recognised him anywhere.

Jasper.

I could still see traces of the boy I had known in his happy, dancing eyes and dimpled cheeks, but the guy in front of me was a man. Gone was the childish roundness to his face, revealing high cheekbones, and a chiselled jaw currently covered in a three-day growth. My hand went to my own cheek feeling the roughness of my stubble.

Fuck! Holy shit! When did Jas become good looking?

The boy I remembered had been all arms and legs, with hands and feet too big for his body. His hair had always been a messy tangle and he usually had a dirty smudge somewhere on his face. This guy looked like a fucking model with his dark brooding looks; the only thing saving his face from that sulky, pouty look so favoured by the high end fashion mags, was his cheeky dimples.

Jesus Christ. Jas is sexy!

I dropped to my knees, pretending to do my shoelaces up. I needed time. He was here. He was really here, and I didn't know what to do.

Would he recognise me?

~*~*~*~*~*~

There you have it, folks, two great stories to sink your teeth into. Be sure to leave these wonderful ladies some love, and check back next week to see what Aradi and MizzDee have in store for you then.

No comments: