Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday's Best 1-10-2012

Good morning, my lovelies! Wow, we're a little over a week into 2012 already. Crazy, isn't it? Personally, I'd love it if the year slowed down a little (and brought a hell of a lot of good things with it in the process!). So in an attempt to do just that, why don't we take a few minutes to indulge in our favorite pastime (or one of them, anyway) and see what Connie and MizzDee have found for you today. Don't forget to bring along your panties and fresh towels, you might well need them ;-)


~*~*~*~*~*~


Welcome back! Happy New Year! Hope you all had a great time over the holidays.
Grab your coffee and sit comfortably because I did the fic-diving for you.

Working on some of my new year resolutions, one of them is to try new authors so here we go.
It is my first time reading dellaterra, some of you might be familiar with her already, and for me it was a really good surprise. She wrote over 10 Twi stories and the one we will be talking about today is I Can Learn , jumping back into our all-time favorite pairing Jasper & Edward.

What I loved about I Can Learn is that feeling of WOW! When a story can separate from everything you´ve read and be different, fresh and new. That is exactly what you will get while reading I Can Learn.
Jasper is your regular guy, working two jobs playing in a band on his free time. During Christmas time he finds himself playing Santa at the local mall for some extra income.

How I went from a potential salary plus commission plus discount in electronics to an hourly wage as one of the Santas at the mall is still a mystery to me. But I needed another job, even if it was only for a month, and I'm still clinging to the faint hope that getting my foot in the door as Santa might lead to bigger and better things.

On December 23rd Jasper´s world turns upside down by one Dad and his little girl.


At that moment, Jane opens the door to the gingerbread house and ushers in yet another little darling, a little girl with a very serious expression on her face. She is holding the hand of a tall man who has to stoop a little as he comes through the door, just like I do. When he looks up, I am face to face with one of the most gorgeous men I have ever seen. Athletic-looking, but not steroidal, with coppery hair in casual disarray, beautiful green eyes, and that chin... and those lips...

"It's okay, Isa. Go on now," he says with a nod of his gorgeous head and the sexiest British accent I've ever heard.

I reach down with both arms to lift her up. She settles onto my lap, smooths out her coat and then sits ramrod straight, examining my face for... who knows what? Authenticity? A sign? A miracle?

*******


"Well, hello there, Isabella!" I say in my heartiest Santa voice.

"Hello, Santa," she replies quietly.

"And what would you like for Christmas?" It's the standard, foolproof department-store Santa script that has launched a thousand greedy lists during the past month. It has never failed me.

Until now.

The little girl's eyes widen and she looks around frantically at her father. He frowns and cocks his head to one side. I look at Alice and we both shrug a little.

The girl cups her hand around her mouth and I lean down to hear what she has to say.

"Didn't you get my e-mail, Santa?" she whispers in a tremulous voice.

I straighten up and look at her for a moment, trying not to laugh. Hearing Alice giggling behind me doesn't help. No kid ever asked this Santa if he checks his e-mail. What the hell am I supposed to say?

"I'm sorry, honey," I begin. "Santa is a little behind on e-mails at this time of the year. Couldn't you just tell me now?"

"Can you bring my papa back?" she whispers.

"Your grandpa?" I ask. Aw, poor kid, her grandfather must have died recently.

"No, my Papa Seth," she corrects me in a soft voice.

I'm confused. "But isn't he your papa?" I ask, gesturing toward the man who had brought her in.

"No, silly Santa," she says with the beginning of a smile. "That's my daddy. Seth is my other daddy but I call him Papa. That was my mama's idea."

And here is the first time our heart breaks. All along the first chapter of I Can Learn we have the insight of little Isabella´s life and her Daddy.

Who is the mysterious man?

"You're Edward Cullen, aren't you?" the taller of the two asks, then goes on without waiting for a reply. "We saw you last night with the Chicago Philharmonic. You were heavenly... I mean, your playing was heavenly."

Who doesn´t love a good Daddyward? I know I do! And I also enjoy well written kids, not the nagging kind. The smart, funny, loving kind I adore.


So they meet, will they have a quickie in the bathroom? Will they fall in love? Who is Seth and where is he?

"Edward," I say, "she's a beautiful child. Anyone can tell that you're a really good father. I'm sorry that Seth died," I tell him again. "But I'm so glad you're here... right now... with me," I add fervently.

He doesn't say anything as he stands up and walks over to the sink next to me. He splashes some water on his face, then turns toward me.

"So am I," he says with equal fervor as he reaches up to caress my face. I move toward him as he licks his lips. This time there are no phones; he isn't getting ready to leave a message. Or maybe he's gonna send me a message, the kind of message I've been hoping to receive ever since I first laid eyes on him.

I run my fingers through his hair and pull him into a rough kiss. It isn't delicate; it doesn't start out soft or build slowly. It goes from zero to 90 in less than five seconds. It's a Maserati of a kiss, a Lamborghini, all sleek and shiny and hard, with powerful curves and racing engines. My heart is pounding as I press my body against his and I can feel his heart pounding too as I suck on his lower lip, then probe with my tongue until it meets his. I can feel his moan before I hear it. It sends a shiver down my spine and straight to my cock

As our kiss deepens, I feel his arms wrap around me, pulling me closer. I run my hands down his back to his muscular ass and grind my hips into his, letting him know how he makes me feel, and how much I like the feeling of his body close to mine. Even through my old denim jeans and his tailored wool slacks I can tell that his cock is as hard as mine.

I want to taste him so badly. I want to unzip him and then blow his mind. I get even harder as I think about turning him around, bending him over the sink, and coming deep inside him.

But not here. Not Edward Cullen. Right now he deserves something better than a tryst in a restaurant bathroom, something more than just a quick fuck.

And, I am surprised to realize, so do I.

Do not fear, there is more to come *pun intended*. We have 3 chapters so far and things are looking good.

dellaterra writes lovely boys, sweet kids, funny elves, great angst, hot sexy steaming first kisses in bathrooms and has great taste in music as the tittle of the story goes with a great classic from The White Stripes. Do I need to say more?

Happy reading my lovies, as always leave some love for dellaterra

See you all next time

Connie

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello, my loves. I'm coming to you today with another old one that I cannot for the life of me figure out how it was ever missed. Since by MizzHyde has been one of my all-time favorite stories and when you read Jasper and Edward's story, you'll see why.

~oOo~

Edward has been in a relationship and living with his girlfriend, Bella, for years. Their life together is simple and their relationship is comfortable, neither one looking to change anything or even move forward. In the simplest terms...they're happy and they love each other.

Their lives are moving along like normal as they help, their friends, Rosalie and Emmett, prepare for their wedding. With Rosalie's careful planning, everything is going as expected, that is until Rosalie's brother shows up.

Jasper is left in Edward's capable hands while Bella is off with the girls for the weekend. While on 'babysitting duty,' Edward takes Jasper to the bar where he witnesses the smooth-talking Jasper charm all the ladies. It isn't until he takes home that he realizes that Jasper isn't all that he seems to be.

Jasper has no problem telling Edward that he's gay and Edward has no problem accepting his admission. The problem comes for Edward when Jasper speaks the one sentence that turns his world upside down.

"What I'd really like to do is suck your cock while you watch the movie," he stated calmly.

The mouthful of beer I had just taken got sprayed everywhere.

"Did I not just mention that I am not gay?" I asked in astonishment.

Jasper shrugged.

"Sex is sex," he stated. "Gender is irrelevant for most of it."

"Seriously? But you can't mean that. I mean, if you're gay then you wouldn't want some girl sucking you off."

"Oh, I don't generally discriminate," he said sitting back down on the sofa, stretching his arms back out along the cushions and leaning his head back, watching the movie through lidded eyes.

"As it turns out I have only ever fancied guys, and they totally have more, uh, equipment to play with. But some kinds of sex, frankly, it doesn't make much difference. A mouth is a mouth."

Edward and Bella's sex life was always good. They were adventurous and always willing to try anything once. Edward had never considered being with a man before but now finds himself wondering what it would be like. Then he runs Jasper's words through his head. “Sex is sex, right?”

~oOo~

Can Edward really go through with it? What would it mean for his and Bella's relationship if he does? Will there be anything more for Edward and Jasper if they take this opportunity together? Well...if you want to know, then you have to read and find out. Come and see why this story has made my all-time favorites list. Then leave MizzHyde some love because my girl definitely deserves it for this awesome piece of work. Until next time...much love to you – D

~*~*~*~*~*~

There you have it, folks. Two great stories to sink your teeth into. Be sure to leave these wonderful authors some love, and check back next week to see what Connie and I have in store for you then.

In the mean time, there's still four days left to enter the Twilight No Stress Love Fest; Holiday Edition. That's right, the deadline was pushed until the 14th! So hop on over, pick out a few prompts and get to steppin'! You know no one can resist a good holiday love-story. ;-)

No comments: