Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday's Best 1-17-2012

Oops, today seems to have run away from me. Hello! I'm sure y'all are ready for a break right about now, so why don't we get right to the point and see what Connie and I have in store for you today. Gather your towels and panties, and we'll jump right in. 


~*~*~*~*~*~
Welcome back ladies!
For today´s story I have three words for you… MEN IN UNIFORMS ;)
Do I have your attention now? Yes? Good.
Forged in Fire by lvtwilight09 tells the story of fire fighter Edward Cullen and Jasper Whitlock; a victim of a fire Edward manages to rescue; without suspecting that day will change his life forever.
Told from both Edwards and Jasper’s point of view, Forged in Fire starts with the moment that will alter Jasper’s and Edward’s life…

“There was so much smoke that it was impossible to see anything. The office where I had spent almost five years was a total mystery to me now. My eyes were streaming tears and my throat felt as though it was on fire. Every breath caused me to cough violently, and the voices of my colleagues were getting further away.

I knew the person standing in front of me was a fireman, but I couldn't quite get my brain to believe it because just maybe he would disappear too. I must have looked like I was going to fall over because he bent slightly and threw me over his shoulder.

Now I need to say here that yes, even though I am gay I do like to take on the role of "the guy", so being carried like I was a girl did nothing for my ego. And I also need to say that I am not small by any means, so this guy must have been really strong because he carried me like I weighed nothing.”

Who is Jasper? He is the kind of guy that does not believe in relationships. He thinks that falling for someone will only leads to heartbreak. But he met his match in Edward a guy that will not give up.

“one of the nurses stopped me and handed me a small piece of paper. "It's probably my bill already" I muttered to myself as I opened the note. There in front of me were five little words that stopped me cold. This is my number...Edward. Even if there was a gun to my head there was no way I could have stopped smiling. Considering.”

Once Jasper is over his fears, he manages to pick up the phone and arrange a date with Edward. Jasper feels like his life is boring, compared to Edward’s. Feels he has nothing to share and it is once again Edward who has to take that next step to make things happen.

“We spent the better part of the evening just talking and I have to say it was one of the nicest dates I've ever been on. I didn't share much about myself. I mean let's face it, there wasn't much to share. I work and I'm a closed off idiot when it comes to relationships, and oh yeah and I'm a coward too.

Turning me gently, Edward bent and took my lips with his. Before I could think about a response, my body took over and I moaned as we pressed together.

“Sorry, I just couldn't wait anymore. So…now what do we do?" I gaped at him. "You're asking me? I know what I would love to do, but I don't know what you'll think about it". Edward took a step closer, his breath ruffling my hair. "Try me," He whispered. I swear in that moment I have never been so close to losing control and I have never been that turned on by someone...ever. I took his face in my hands. "I want to take you home and cover every inch of you in kisses and just when you think you're about to lose your mind, I'll show you heaven."

(…) I was definitely falling hard for Jasper. I had a feeling that he's afraid of being hurt because just when I think he'll let me in, he pulls away again. I wanted desperately for him to know that I will take care of his heart if he chose to give it to me, but it's going to take a while to convince him of that.”

They make sweet, slow love…

"Wanna snuggle?" Ok, well that was it. I was in love! At last, a guy who didn't roll over and sleep when the fucking was over.

But they also find the time to f**k each other senseless and it’s hot and raw and I should probably warn you there is some rimming going on in this fic which I love but if you don’t you should read with caution. ;)

He leaned in close to my ear."Sorry. I got carried away. Do you need me to slow down?" I could hear the apology in his voice. "Slow down?" I almost screamed. "No. For God's sake...just fuck me!" I could hear him tear the wrapper off the condom and moan softly as he rolled it onto himself. I braced my elbows against my desk and felt the head of his cock press against my ass. I willed myself to relax as he pushed in deeper. I felt so wanton and sexy being "taken" at my desk. We both moaned with abandon as Edward slammed into me.”

It can’t all be happy, happy; so, where is the drama you ask?

"Mr. Whitlock, this is Captain Cheney calling from Edward Cullen's unit. Listen to me. We had a building collapse on us and we lost a few unit members, Edward was one of them. They were buried under the rubble but we dug them out. They're all on their way to UMC." I don't think I passed out but I know my knees gave way and I sunk to the floor.”

A few things I like about Forged in Fire is that you can understand their emotions perfectly.
The flow of the story shows you how they meet, fall for each other, and find the missing piece in their life. It’s a complete story so you don’t have to wait for updates.

It is also my first time reading lvtwilight09 and it won’t be the last I am sure.

There is one particular scene that goes on on the roof top of the Fire Station; if you never read anything else I recommend here on the blog PLEASE read this story, you will not regret it ;)

Go, check it out and let me know how you like it.

Leave some love for the author while you are there.

I shall see you all next time.

Connie.
~*~*~*~*~*~

It’s relatively rare for me to find a story that really, truly moves me. Not just to tears, though this one certainly did, but where you feel it down in your soul.

Turns, by Tkegl, did just that. It starts off in 1963, not long after President Kennedy was killed. Jasper’s life is all planned out. Not by him, but by his father. He knows where he’s going to college, what he’s going to study, who he’s going to marry - not because he loves her, but because it’s expected of him - and where he’s going to end up working: his father’s business.

All that changes when one day, something happens that will alter the course of Jasper’s life forever.

He trudged up the stairs to his room in silence – his parents had decided on a late dinner, and his sister Rosalie was still out at the drive-in with her boyfriend, Emmett – and collapsed onto his bed, staring up at the ceiling idly. A flash of lights through the window drew his attention, followed by the loud slam of a car door, and the screech and scratch of a radio as someone finally settled on low, muffled music. Curious, Jasper went to the window, peering out at the vacant lot across the street. An old truck was parked crookedly across the driveway of the house that once sat on the lot, but burned down years ago and was never replaced. He couldn't determine the truck's color in the dim light of the streetlight down the way – only that it was dark, and he knew enough about cars to tell by the shape that it was an old Ford – maybe 1947 or '48.

A man leaned against the driver's side door, one leg bent and his foot propped against the running board, tapping slightly in time with the music. His head tilted back as he gazed at the sky, and Jasper wasn't certain if he saw or imagined the man taking a deep breath, exhaling heavily as he huddled in his coat against the cold. A heavy tension filled the air, and the man seemed to vibrate with it as he lifted a hand to his mouth; a brief red glow indicated he was smoking a cigarette.

Jasper watched the man, for some reason compelled, yet vaguely uneasy, although not in an unpleasant way. A low voice wended its way to Jasper's window, and he realized the man was singing along to the radio. He cracked the window quietly, so he could hear a little more clearly. The man's voice was rough-smooth, following the melody perfectly, but with a touch of almost disdain – like he didn't even like the song but had heard it so many times he couldn't help but sing along. Jasper didn't realize it at first, but the idea made him smile.

The lights of an approaching car swept along the charred foundation of the house before lighting briefly on the man's face, just as he blew a stream of smoke into the air and licked his bottom lip, flicking a stray bit of tobacco onto the ground. Jasper's breath caught, although he couldn't explain why. He just gaped in stunned amazement as the man swallowed, his Adam's apple bobbing slowly as the car drove by and his face disappeared again into the darkness.

Jasper leaned his forehead against the cool glass, his eyes still focused on the man's shadowed figure as his heart pounded heavily in his chest.

What the hell had just happened?

Can you guess who it is? I’m sure you’ve got a good idea ;-) Anyway, this is the turning point for Jasper, though at the time he doesn’t know it yet. How will his life change? Well, for that you’ll have to read the story. Take your time to savor this one. It’s well worth it.

Thank you, Tkegl, for writing this one and sharing it with all of us.

~*~*~*~*~*~
There you have it, folks. Two great stories to sink your teeth into again. Be sure to check back next week to see what MizzDee and I have in store for you then, and in the mean time, go ahead and leave these wonderful authors some love.

Also, hop on over to the Twilight No Stress Love Fest and see if you can find yours truly among the stories entered. The guessing poll goes up next week :-) We've had some great ones again this time, so enjoy!

No comments: