Thursday, October 1, 2009

Read, Rate & Review~Thursday, Oct 1st!

Welcome to TwiSlash Unveiled!

We really appreciate you coming back week after week to see us. Every Thursday, The Master and Whitlock's Girl try to bring you a story that will knock your socks off. We hope you enjoy this week's story.

And...without further ado, we bring to you...


Gasping for Air
by Wolfenmoon1313

SUMMARY:
Jasper is a young man with a dark past. No one should have to survive the horror he had to endure. All he's looking for is a friend but he find much more than that...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Val, aka The Master:

Oddly enough, this story was almost my recommendation for this past Tuesday, so when Donna suggested it as our Thursday review, I was all over it. “Gasping for Air” by Wolfenmoon1313 is about naïve Jasper and Edward; two strangers who have a chance meeting at coffee shop and learn a lot about in each other in a very short amount of time. As of chapter six, the story has only covered one day, although there are characters’ back stories weaved through the povs-and what back stories they are!

Jasper easily has one of the most tragic pasts I have read about in any Twific. Having watched his parents be brutally murdered while he was sexually molested, coming out of it mentally and physically scarred for life. Edward’s past, while not quite as tragic, included a horrific experience for him as well. Both are confused, due to their pasts, about their sexuality-neither ever really considering if they were gay, straight or bisexual. In fact, Jasper hasn’t had an erection in the seven years since his parents death.

However, after literally running into Edward, at a coffee shop, Jasper has his first erection, and is at a bit of a loss as to what to do about it. Scared, he runs off before even getting Edward’s name. Experimenting in the shower, he masturbates to Edward’s image, realizing just how good being sexual can feel.

Edward also feels the instant attraction to Jasper and after picking up Jasper’s dropped backpack, he discovers Jasper’s address and hand delivers it.

Needless to say, Jasper is shocked to find the green-eyed beauty of his shower fantasy at his door, however he invites him and the beginning of a relationship starts as they realize they have so much more in common than they ever could have imagined.

While I really enjoyed this story, especially Jasper’s incredibly dark past, I do feel their discovery of ‘I’m gay’ was quick and coincidental, as neither realized they were gay prior to meeting each other and within half an hour, Edward is coming out of the closet to his friends. My other quirky moment was shortly after Edward showed up at Jasper’s, they are awkwardly declaring their desire for each other and sharing their histories-it just seemed to move a bit fast considering how shy and naïve they both are.

Also, the first chapter, I had a bit of a difficult time concentrating because all I kept seeing was the pronoun fail (numerous sentences beginning with I, he, she, me, we, it etc) which was a bit distracting for me. However, overall, I enjoyed the story and would recommend it, I am curious to see their relationship progress emotionally and physically. Be sure to leave the author some love if you enjoy it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donna aka Whitlock's Girl

Since I have the worst case of the flu I think I've ever had, along with my 9yo son being ill as well, I'm find myself falling farther and farther behind. Combined with last week's laptop fail, I'm slowly getting overwhelmed and I hope you'll forgive me for taking a tiny break.

So, when Val asked what we were doing for today, this story was the first one to my mind. A good friend, Zulfiqar had rec'd it to me the night before and I thought we'd give it a go because it wasn't the typical story.

From Jasper's, and also Edward's, tragic past to Jasper's experimentation with self-pleasure, to the budding relationship between the two that came about kinda quick, in my opinion, I felt my emotions running the gamut. I have to say that I enjoyed the story immensely. I can't wait to see what their relationship becomes and how it gets to where it's going.

At just six chapters, Gasping for Air is a quick read and a pretty good one as well. Like Val said, the first chapter's pronoun fail is hard to swallow, but other than that the story is fabulous.

I hope that you'll give it a read. If you do, make sure to leave Wolfenmoon1313 some love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, we want to hear what you all think about it, so leave comments here or on the Twilighted thread.

Don't forget about tomorrow's Twi Me Up with DefinatelyStaying. She'll be here with a BDSM question from our pervy secret cravings readers. You won't want to miss it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of BDSM and the darker side of the bed, Whitlock's Girl has been asked to help guest judge the Les Femmes Noires contest. A Competiton for One Shot Stories exploring the Darkside of the female characters of Twilight. Click here for the rules.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If Femme Slash just wasn't your thing, then sharpen those pencils or do your finger exercises and take a page out of some of our favorite authors' books and try your hand at the upcoming Poly Slash contest. "Where three, four, or more is never a crowd." The link for the rules and the contest's important dates can be found by clicking the contest rules link at the top of the blog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be sure to follow us on Twitter. We'll announce contest info, blog posts and other TwiSlash news there.

No comments: