Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tuesday's Best...on Wednesday 3-17-2010

Sorry this is late once again. Life seems to delight in throwing us for a tailspin lately, and this week was no exception to that. Hope to have you with us again next week, Whitlock's Girl!

Rather than making you go completely without, I thought I'd go ahead and give you a little something today. As always, I advice you to bring a towel, and this time also Kleenex. You have been warned.

Now I know that this story was rec'ed just last Monday by Domward's Mistress, but that's the drawback of being ahead with your rec's, I suppose. I wanted to give you my take on it anyway though. And I left you a little something extra below.

~*~*~*~*~

What could be better than men in tights? Edward in tights, of course! Zigster wrote Little Margot: Matchmaker for the No Bella Allowed contest.

Alice is a ballerina who injured her ankle and is trying to get back into the swing of things,,,so to speak. *gasp* Yes, I said Alice. Don't worry, all is well, just be patient ;-)

Edward is her dance partner. He's good, beautiful, and he knows it. And uses it to his fullest advantage. He also has an attitude to match his skill, and no small measure of bravado to hide behind.

Jasper is Alice's big brother. He just moved back to the States after living in the Netherlands for a while. When he meets his sister's dance partner, he's immediately intrigued - if not outright swept off his feet.

But will Edward stop dancing around him long enough to let Jasper take the lead? That, you'll have to go find out for yourself.

"Jasper, I'd like you to meet Edward. Edward, this is my brother, Jasper." Alice stepped back towards the far hallway wall after her polite introductions and eyed the empty space between us as if she could absorb it through her eyes and make it disappear. Before she had a chance to burn a hole in the flooring with her intensity, I stepped closer to... Edward, and extended my hand.


"It's nice to fin'lly meet you, Edward. Alice here talked about you a lot over these past months."
Instead of acknowledging my greeting, Edward turned to Alice, his eyebrows raised up to his hairline. A mischievous glint appeared in his eyes. "I knew I spotted a twang to your speech, little missy." Alice's face flushed red before she squared her shoulders and shot him a look.


"I am a New Yorker now. It doesn't matter."


I had to hold back a laugh as I retracted my unshaken hand. "Alice has been attempting to cut the accent out of her voice since we were teens. She's always considered herself a Northerner."


"That's a pity. It's such a lovely accent," Edward said to no one in particular. It was my turn to flush. Was that a compliment?

I have to agree with Edward...it is indeed a lovely accent. So, did they ever shake hands? What is Edward up to? And how will Jasper take it? And then, there's Alice. Don't let her presence scare you off, remember, she's Jasper's sister here...no funny business ;-)

~*~*~*~

I want to give you something else to read, too. It's not TwiSlash, but Criminal Minds, but it is slash. The beautiful CMAli aka MomBailey has only recently ventured into the world of writing fic, and has dipped her toes in the CM realm. I really, really hope she will at some point give the Twi-lads a go as well, for she writes wonderfully, and though she's yet to write lemons, she has a way with her words that still lets you feel the bond and love between her characters.

One such example, and the one I want to leave you with most, is one that had me in absolute tears (that's right, Kleenex required for this one - don't say I didn't warn you!). It's Just Let Go, and it's about the final moments of Spencer Reid's life. He has pancreatic cancer and Aaron Hotchner is by his partner's side as he breathes his last. Yes, I did just give away the story. But it's better, in this case, I think. Please do read it, because trust me, it is well worth it.

Fingers gripped Hotchner's shoulders as he wiped the sheen of sweat forming on Spencer's forehead in an honest effort to ease his discomfort, and he smiled hypocritically to think the act was actually doing any good. He felt so helpless and needed to do something. Anything. However, there was nothing that he could successfully do, and Aaron's brain was starting to realize that the suffering boy's struggle was about to end.

See what I mean? Go read the rest. You will cry, your heart will ache, but you won't want to miss this. Please, after you read it, make sure to give MomBailey plenty of love and encouragement.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I hope you enjoyed these stories, and that you've left the authors plenty of lovin'. See you next week for more of the best of the best. Thanks for checking us out ;-)

No comments: