Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday's Best 3-27-2012

Good morning, my lovelies! Hope you're all having a great day. Life's been fairly busy on my end, getting away from me a bit. Still, MizzDee and I found a couple of treats to share with you, so why don't you go ahead and get settled, and we'll get right to it. 


~*~*~*~*~*~


Hello my loves. Today I’m diving back into another older story. Not Strong Enough by Oh Jasper My Jasper tells us a great story about love found and lost and how biases, hatred and anger can tear any relationship apart.

~oOo~

For high school bad boy, Paul, it was supposed to be a normal summer job - a way to get out of Forks for the summer. It was a way to be free, to be his own man while making some money in return.

It was a good plan, until he met his roommate.

Jasper Hale was Paul’s exact opposite.
He was lean and pale with chin length, blond wavy hair. A city boy, he was quiet and introspective, a musician and an artist.

Oh…and he was openly gay. Now Paul had never once thought of his sexuality, always seeing himself as straight. But the second he met Jasper he couldn’t stop thinking about him.

Confused and unsure what to do about his feelings, Paul did his best to avoid Jasper at all costs but he couldn’t stop his thoughts from returning to the beautiful blond boy he shared a room with. Then one day, a ruined plan to make a trip into town left Jasper and Paul alone together in their cabin.

Paul decided it was time to stop avoiding him, confront his feelings and get some questions answered. From that day, they spent every minute they could together while keeping the secret that Paul wasn’t ready to reveal to the world.

Their friendship quickly grew to love and before their time could end, Paul decided to take the next step in their relationship.

"Jasper," I said, pulling back from our kiss.

"Huh?" he said distractedly. "Why'd you stop?"

"Because as much as I love everything we've done together so far, I want this to be special. So instead of another blow job or hand job, can we do it? Can we make love?"

With their love as strong as ever, they had to decide what to do as the summer came to an end. With Jasper in Tacoma and Paul in Forks, a long-distance relationship was all Paul thought they could have. Jasper, however, revealed that his family was moving to Forks and was excited that they could be together after all. Unfortunately for them, Paul had to burst that bubble and tell Jasper what life was really like in Forks.

Not yet ready to tell his secret to the world, Paul told Jasper that their relationship had to end. Still optimistic, Jasper told him that love was worth waiting for and they left the camp with a dash of hope.

School started again and the two quickly realized that they were on opposite sides of the line between “the Spooners” (the popular rich kids) and “the mechies” (the kids from the wrong side of the tracks). There was no way they could be together now.

An inevitable incident and the hatred between the two groups forced Jasper to make a choice, driving the two of them farther apart and leaving Paul to accept what he had known since the beginning; their love was doomed from the start.

But was there no hope? Could Jasper still love Paul after what happened? Could Paul ever be strong enough to put loyalty and hatred aside to stand up for the man he loves?

~oOo~

Check this story out and see if these amazing boys can find their way back to each other. I know I want them to and when you read their story, you’ll want them to as well. And while you’re reading, don’t forget to leave Oh Jasper My Jasper some love for her and her star-crossed lovers because they are worth it. Until next time…much love to you – D

~*~*~*~*~*~

I don’t know why I’ve waited so long to share this one with y’all, except maybe because I know there’s the potential for so much more than there is. And by that, I mean there’s more to the journey. So, so much more I wish to know. To learn. To see.

What story am I talking about, you say? Well, that would be Letters from Alice, by SorceressCirce. It’s a short drabble arc she wrote a while back and one I sincerely hope she will expand on at a later date.

It starts off canon - as far as pairings go, at least. Here, Bella didn’t win the human/vampire argument and lives out her life at Edward’s side. Needless to say... she also dies. Edward moves away from the family, presumably because it simply hurts too much to be around them and the constant reminder of his Bella.

And then, years later, Jasper comes to find him with news of his own.

I've not heard the tenor of that mind since the day I lowered my wife's body to her final resting place.

It is not welcome now.

The piano bench crashes to the floor as I stand, flashing to the door. The hinges protest, creaking from disuse, and I am faced with a broken soul.

Jasper.

I wish I could show you more, but that would be giving too much away. Go read for yourself and enjoy this little gem. And maybe, if we’re really lucky, we’ll be graced with a continuation of it.


~*~*~*~*~*~

There you have it, folks. Two wonderful stories to sink your teeth into. Be sure to leave these lovely ladies some love, and check back next week to see what Connie and MizzDee have in store for you.

No comments: