Thursday, September 17, 2009

Read, Rate & Review~Thursday, September 17th!

Welcome to TwiSlash Unveiled!

We really appreciate you coming back week after week to see us. Every Thursday, The Master and Whitlock's Girl try to bring you a story that will knock your socks off. We hope you enjoy this week's story.

And...without further ado, we bring to you...


The Proper Use of Inanimate Objects
by 0oxymoronic0

SUMMARY:
Jasper Hale is a fucking tease. Jasper/Edward, various inanimate objects. Sex.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Val, aka The Master:

We originally had a different story chosen for this week’s review, however I was in serious read/review fail mode and just didn’t have time for twenty-two chapters-so at the last minute I went in search of a shorter fic for us to get done in time and found “The Proper Use on Inanimate Objects” by 0oxymoronic0 on someone’s C2-it qualified in length and review count so Donna agreed and here we are.

The first word that came to mind when I sat down to write this was OUCH! The author does warn his/her readers of inanimate objects being used sexually, most often a baseball bat. While I appreciate the warning, and am very glad it is there, I thought-okay, I can deal with that.

Yea, I might have been wrong about that.

This is a vamp fic, which eased my mind a bit…knowing they were not human. Bigger OUCH! I’m not naïve, okay maybe a bit, I know this shit exists, have even seen some of it, but that doesn’t make it easier to stomach, or understand the desire to even attempt something like this.

While the bat is not used in an abusive way, it is handled a bit roughly by Edward on Jasper. At first, their relationship seems based off experimenting, sexual gratification, and pure lust. However, as it continues, they do seem to evolve into a slightly more caring, although still very sexual, relationship. The last few chapters’ lemons are, to me, more enticing than the experimental object play. The writing is very good, but I wish for more between Edward and Jasper-more connection, more dialogue-it seems the story is just one object play to the next…and I just want more than that.

Now if you are looking for pure smut that might push your limits a bit, this is the one for you, but if you are searching for that deep emotional connection and smart dialogue between Edward and Jasper-best to move along and save this one for a ‘omg, I need hard smut bad’ nights!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donna aka Whitlock's Girl

I've been sucked into the world of Queer as Folk as I have just gotten the entire set and I've been on this HUGE QaF marathon. Val wasn't pleased with me when she learned I'd never watched before. So, I decided I was going to take a small break from writing and reading fic and recharge my batteries with the entire QaF story. So, when Val suggested a shorter story, I was quite happy. The other story is good and we'll sneak it in soon. As for this story, I ... umm ... well ... yeah, I just don't know what to say.

0oxymoronic0's The Proper Use of Inanimate Objects just isn't my thing. Like Val, my first thought was OUCH! Actually, I think I said, "bat? omg wtf ouch!", but no matter what the first reaction was, the story just baffles me.

I'm not stupid, or naive or ignorant, I know people do these things, but I'm just not sure why. Anyway, if you are into that sort of thing, then I suggest you give The Proper Use of Inanimate Objects a shot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, we want to hear what you all thought about it, so leave comments here or on the Twilighted thread.

Don't forget about tomorrow's Twi Me Up with DefinatelyStaying. She'll be here with a BDSM question from our pervy secret cravings readers. You won't want to miss it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of BDSM and the darker side of the bed, Whitlock's Girl has been asked to help guest judge the Les Femmes Noires contest. A Competiton for One Shot Stories exploring the Darkside of the female characters of Twilight. Click here for the rules.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If Femme Slash just wasn't your thing, then sharpen those pencils or do your finger exercises and take a page out of some of our favorite authors' books and try your hand at the upcoming Poly Slash contest. "Where three, four, or more is never a crowd." The link for the rules and the contest's important dates can be found by clicking the contest rules link at the top of the blog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be sure to follow us on Twitter. We'll announce contest info, blog posts and other TwiSlash news there.

No comments: