Monday, August 29, 2011

Slash Guest Author Rec - Sadtomato_ff


I struggled to come up with a “theme” for this post. Undiscovered slash? Old favorites? Kinky fics? One-shots only? In the end, I realized I read a pretty wide range of stories and I can’t really come up with a list to fit any one theme. Instead you’re getting a handful of things I’ve been reading recently--a mix of old/new, het/slash/poly, kinky/vanilla (okay, mostly kinky). I hope you find something that you like!

Tuesday Next,  by bmango

This is a new-ish and ongoing series of sexy BDSM scenes, inspired by photographs that bmango links to at the top of each chapter. She calls it PWP, but this isn’t just gratuitous smut; the devotion between Edward and Jasper is evident in each chapter. If you know me (or my stories), you know I’m a sucker for kinky sex wrapped up in a loving relationship. Bmango hits the nail on the head here, and I can’t wait for more sexy pics, more creative, kinky scenes, and more of the sweetness that make Edward and Jasper’s story such an awesome read.


Inappropriate Touching, by jenjiveg


This is het (whoops, I’m already fail at the slash part of twislash unveiled) but it’s a new WIP I’m really excited about.

Edward meets Bella at a party he’s attending as part of a therapy assignment. He has OCD and is working on overcoming some challenges involved with his disorder, so his therapist instructs him to go to a social event and have a conversation--just one conversation with one person. He bumps into Bella at the party and is immediately enamored with her, despite her own issues with social interaction.

He starts to pursue her, and although the story is funny and the tone is light, there are moments that will tug at your heartstrings, too. Jenjiveg really makes Edward’s emotions shine through his analytical exterior. Her Bella is great, too--Bella’s voice is very different from Edward’s, and it’s fascinating to see how her inner monologue is translated into the one-word sentences she actually utters.

There’s also a potential for some unique and kinky sex. That’s all I can really say about that for now (get back to me after you read chapter four). :)

Tendered Submission, by FarDareisMai2


This is one of the hottest stories I’ve ever read, and I read a lot of smut. Seriously... a lot.

It’s a D/s story with plenty of kinky, filthy, slashy sex. What makes this story special, though, is the emotion behind it. The transition from Master/pet to lovers is handled beautifully in the original oneshot--and the two follow-up chapters are delicious little slices of their life together. I don’t want to write much about the plot here, because the story is short and you’re better off discovering it on your own, but if you enjoy hot, kinky sex with a loving bond between partners, this one is for you.


Just the Three of Us, by einfach_mich


No one writes Leah like einfach_mich. Don’t get me wrong, she does amazing things with a lot of the other Twilight characters, too, but she really makes Leah comes to life. She’s especially vibrant, fierce, and sexy in this new story. What fascinates me about Just the Three of Us is how distinct all three main characters (Leah, Edward, and Jasper) are. The relationship between each twosome is unique, and I can’t even tell you how excited I am to see how things change as the three of them come together.

I’m not an expert on poly relationships, but this story feels like an authentic tale of how one could begin--it doesn’t happen magically. There’s a lot of hard work and emotion involved (but don’t worry, there’s plenty of hot smut, too).

Raw and Rosy Revisited, chapter 12, by tuesdaymidnight


I’m sure most of you have heard of Raw and Rosy--it’s been complete for a while and it was a pretty popular story. I’m pretty sure it was the first slash story I ever read, though, and as a result I have a deep and abiding love for Spanksper and Assward. I’ve probably read R&R a dozen times all the way through (and I’ve read selected chapters, um, numerous times).

One of my favorite Spanksper/Assward moments comes in the collection of outtakes that serves as a companion to R&R, Raw and Rosy Revisited. All of these outtakes are gems, but chapter twelve is my favorite. Spanking, power play, and double penetration all factor in here, supplemented--as always--by flashes of tenderness that make my heart flutter. If you haven’t read this or the other outtakes, check them out.

I hope you found something you like! Please leave a comment and return the favor--rec your all-time favorite, read-it-again-and-again story, or something new that’s been owning you.

No comments: